Development :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-Meleon development related discussions. 
build 431 comments
Posted by: Julian
Date: August 10, 2002 05:51PM

Overall an improvement. The layer plugin works great so far. (Thanks, Ulf.) Unfortunately it tends to 'freeze' once in a while on random urls on my machine (Win98SE), which means KM refuses to load a site (and all its subdomains) - while it works it loads fine when I try it with a different browser at the same time. By 'refuse' I mean that it does nothing at all, no error message, no response. (But menus and so on are still accessible without problems and I can surf to other sites). Only complete shut down and restart of KM will let me access that domain again via KM. (Doesn't happen at a specific domain, I've witnessed it a few times now.)

Anyone else seen this?

Thanks in advance.
Julian

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: build 431 comments
Posted by: Julian
Date: August 12, 2002 01:08AM

Well, I don't consider it as improvement anymore. The 'freeze' effect occures often enough to get annoying, it's notably less stable on my system compared to build 387 or KM0.6. I hope it's just an issue on my system, so that the next build works better again.

Posted by: po
Date: August 12, 2002 05:04AM

i agree about the stability - i get frequent crashes on exit... there seem to be some odd quirks to the rendering in this version of gecko, too - the 'compliant' borderless framesets now have borders, where in the last version they only showed a white stripe, etc... so for anyone wanting a stable version for non-testing use, i would skip this one... unless you're dying for the tabs, of course. winking smiley

Posted by: JMW
Date: August 13, 2002 02:22AM

The new beta seems alot *faster* than the last one, especially flipping between open windows.

Posted by: jsnj
Date: August 13, 2002 07:35AM

Been using it since it was available as my default to test it. Has been very stable on my system. It froze my system once on startup but I don't know if that was K-meleon's fault or not because it never happened before and hasn't happened since and I've been using it almost exclusively, visiting many different sites, opening and closing alot, customizing it etc.... So far layers/tabs are working without a problem as are plugins(haven't tried hotlist-Opera plugin since I don't use Opera). Very fast.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.