Development :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
K-Meleon development related discussions. 
Yup... I want my K-Meleon .7 smiling smiley
Posted by: 133t
Date: March 10, 2002 06:33PM

Oh the suspense! Seriously, I've been waiting since October and as K-Meleon being my #1 browser, the wait is killing me!

Hurry up guys, but make sure its groundbreaking! smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Yup... I want my K-Meleon .7 smiling smiley
Posted by: MICHAEL HARRELL
Date: March 14, 2002 03:36AM

LOOKING FORWARD TO THE NEW K-MELEON 7. BROWSER . TELL ME IF POSSIBLE WHEN READY FOR PUBLIC. THANKS.

Posted by: 133t
Date: March 14, 2002 06:52AM

Ha forget to turn off the CAPS LOCK there bud? Yeah I agree with ya about waiting for the new K-Meleon.

Hopefully its based on the recently released .99 build of Mozilla smiling smiley

Posted by: Andrew
Date: March 14, 2002 11:25AM

The next release will be based on the 0.9.9 build of Mozilla. It will include all of the fixes to Mozilla-based bugs that have happened since 0.6 was released.

Andrew

Posted by: rob
Date: March 14, 2002 09:04PM

Hi Andrew,

> The next release will be based on the 0.9.9 build of Mozilla.

are you sure? ;-)

I can remember it has been discussed that the next K-Mel. after 0.6 will be based on 0.9.6 -> 7 -> 8 -> 9

Who knows if Moz is quicker and releases their long awaited final 1 before and it will be decided to skip developing KM based on all the 0.x versions at all...

rob.

Posted by: Al.
Date: March 14, 2002 09:54PM

Actually the thing I personally am looking forward to, is moreso than whatever version of Gecko the new K-Meleon may be based upon (let's face it, 0.9.5 is good enough at the moment anyways), are the bug fixes. If those bugs are rounded up (yes especially the Automatic Proxy Configuration URL business!!!!), then I'll definately be a happy camper.

Date: March 15, 2002 12:13AM

Al,

Can you e-mail me (it's in the Help-About) if you are willing to beta-test on the Auto Proxy problem. I need someone who can "real-world" test this to make sure that we really have it working in the next release.

Andrew

Posted by: Al.
Date: March 15, 2002 02:17AM

Ok sure, why not. If anyone's going to notice any perculiarities in Automatic Proxy Configuration URL, then I certainly am :-)
Anyhow, I'll drop you a line soon.

Posted by: Leo
Date: March 29, 2002 08:23AM

Does anyone have a date when 0.7 will be out?

Posted by: po
Date: March 30, 2002 12:48AM

well, the last beta build seems _very_ close to fully-functional, for whatever that's worth... of course, one person's 'fully functional' can be another's 'badly broken' if the one feature you care about isn't there, i guess. smiling smiley

Posted by: Brandon
Date: March 31, 2002 06:39PM

Since 0.6.5 is based on Mozilla 0.9.9, why don't we wait on Mozilla 1.0 for 0.7.

Posted by: uh huh
Date: April 03, 2002 05:15PM

And since .6.5 is out, why don't we post it?

Date: April 03, 2002 06:24PM

0.6.5 is a beta build with the usual beta build bugs. When they are worked out, we'll release 0.7.

Andrew

Posted by: ThatDude
Date: April 06, 2002 06:55PM

>Brandon
>Since 0.6.5 is based on Mozilla 0.9.9, why don't we wait on Mozilla 1.0 for 0.7.>
Well ya might as well wait to base it on Mozilla 2.0 because by the time they ever release 07 Mozilla will probably allready be into 2.0,(LOL).
I have determend that I will just stick with IE because by the time ya get these opensource type browsers and spend all your time peaking and tweaking and they still have problems,,why not just stick with the big IE,,its easier to get security updates and every thing seems to work mostly.I'm tired of all these want to be browsers.They are allways buggy and agrevating.They're just something for those people who like to waste time peaking and tweakin and still not end up with something that is compatiable.
Good Luck! with many hours.

Posted by: Arual the Wyrd
Date: April 13, 2002 03:39AM

Well, fiddle-dee-DEE. We will just have to wait until Christmas for our presents. I, for one, am quite happy to let those nice fellows take the time they need to swat bugs.
If the new K-M is better , it will be worth the wait, because it's already the best in most ways. (IMHOP) smiling smiley)

Date: April 13, 2002 06:18AM

Just a quick update:

The plan is still to release 0.7 using the 0.9.9. codebase. Yes, we know that Moz 1.0 is right around the corner but it's likely to take longer than everyone expects. Jeff just checked in more fixes yesterday. We're still working on some bugs with security and with downloading. Mozilla managed to totally hose the downloading code and we are waiting for them to straighten that out.

Where we need our beta testers to focus on are things like:

* Working with the new macro structure and finding any bugs there.

* Plugin compatability: What plugins work with the beta and which are we having problems with?

* Bugs accessing secured sites, using proxies, etc.

Please post beta reports to the developers list. We appreciate the assistance!

Andrew

Posted by: Kjartan
Date: April 14, 2002 10:56AM

Is the beta available on the status pages here the latest build? In the about box it says build 44, built on Feb 1st, 2002.

On my system it does not display any pages (i know more ppl have encountered that bug)

Is there any newer beta available? In such case, where will i find it?

- kjartan

Posted by: po
Date: April 14, 2002 10:12PM

there is a newer one, although it may or may not have a different build number... check the dev list archives for the last 'release' message... it explains some of the current limitations of that build. it does display pages, though. smiling smiley

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.