Off-Topic :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
All which isn't K-Meleon related. 
directory expunger
Posted by: disrupted
Date: December 23, 2009 03:45PM

sometimes when working with mac or linux binaries on a windows machine, they leave behing directories or files with blank names or characters that windows cannot process and you can't delete those files using the regular windows delete

the only way to delete those files/folders is by opening a command/console session and using the RD command.. this can be tiresome if you work with linux.mac files frequently

expunger fixes this problem by automating this process : opens console session, enters rd command with directory path and exits

to use expunger, double click on expunger.exe and it will register a context command to your folders..after that, right click a folder and select expunge plus

expunger is for win 2k and above
http://kmext.sourceforge.net/files/expunger.7z
(source included)

a word of caution: only use with problematic folders that will not delete normally..do not ever use on any system or program folders..the rd command doesn't know system, or read-only files and will delete everything in the path specified

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2009 07:57PM by disrupted.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: directory expunger
Posted by: guenter
Date: December 24, 2009 09:38PM
Re: directory expunger
Posted by: disrupted
Date: December 24, 2009 10:39PM

i have it but it doesn't work with all files. files with no names can not be deleted by regular windows command or program and needs the rd in dos.

mac binaries..especially hqx and dmg do that a lot when being extracted in windows..they make a mess with files and folders with blank names.
i know i should not mess with mac thingies on windows but i have my reasons

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.