Re: Favorites gone with K-Meleon
Posted by: siria
Date: April 22, 2011 04:43PM

peter
I have lost my favourites from my Google internet

Look here :cool:
http://www.google.com/search?num=30&hl=en&q=%2BI+have+lost+my+favourites+from+my+Google+internet+-k-meleon&btnG=Search

ndebord+Alain: Thanks, cool idea grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2011 04:45PM by siria.

Re: WHERE HAVE MY FAVORITES GONE?
Posted by: Jeff Fawsett
Date: June 27, 2011 06:37AM

My favorites and bookmarks disappeared and I don't know how to restore them. My operating system is Windows 7 Home Premium. I'm using Internet Explorer 9.
Previously I had a star at the top left of my screen that I could click on and a favorite would be captured and appear on the left hand top of the screen below the google toolbar. That star and all my favorites are gone . How can I recover them.
Thank you,
Jeff

Posted by: JamesD
Date: June 27, 2011 11:46AM

@ Jeff

This forum is about K-Meleon browser. Most people here rarely use IE. I have IE 8 on Win7 home, but never use it.

You can use file explorer to find if your favorites folder is available.
Just go to your personal folder and look for a folder with the name Favorites.

I have no idea if it possible to change IE such that Favorites do not appear there.

Posted by: lori amble
Date: November 04, 2011 10:30AM

i need my favorates to come up on the side of comuter so i can see them all at once

Date: November 04, 2011 11:44AM

I do not think a sidebar display of I.E. Favorites is possible in KM. I do not use Netscape Bookmarks, so I cannot answer for that.

Hanlon’s razor is an eponymous adage named after Robert J. Hanlon that states: “Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”

JamesD

Posted by: sandra parada
Date: November 08, 2011 09:12AM

I my favourites have disappeared. everything was ok last night.
Butthis morning my favourites have disappeared. which also includes
my e.mail. Hope you can help me out. Thank you. S. Parada

Date: November 08, 2011 01:54PM

@ sandra

If you mean I.E. favorites, they should be in a folder with the name favorites. The path will depend on your operating system. The path to my favorites is C:\Users\Jim\Favorites. Check to see what is in the folder.

If you mean favorites as bookmarks, they are in a file in your profile. The name of the file is bookmarks.html. Sometimes KM will error when closing and the profile becomes unusable. The next time KM starts, it will make a new profile. The old one is still on disk. It will just have different name. Use EDIT - CONFIGURATION - PROFILE DIRECTORY to find the current profile. Check in the same area for an older profile.

Hanlon’s razor is an eponymous adage named after Robert J. Hanlon that states: “Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.”

JamesD

Posted by: bill volman
Date: January 25, 2012 11:09PM

i went on to internet 9 and lost my favourites

Posted by: guenter
Date: January 26, 2012 05:49PM

bill volman
i went on to internet 9 and lost my favourites

What is internet 9?

Do I understand this as Internet Explorer 9?

This is the K-Meleon Browser Forum. Go to MS knowledge base.

Date: March 02, 2012 10:00PM

Search for a folder named 'Favorites'. It will likely be in 'C:\USER\x' where x is how you log in. As for IE9, I have no idea how to get the star back.

JamesD

Posted by: muriel garmson
Date: July 24, 2012 10:32AM

ive just gone back to factory setting and cant find my favorite list

Date: July 24, 2012 12:28PM

There are usually two methods presented to return a computer to factory settings. One is to preserve the user's data and files and the other is completely wipe the drive prior to restoring. If you choose the second method, then I think your favorites folder is gone. It was replaced by the factory settings version. Did you have a backup of your hard drive?

JamesD

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.