Off-Topic :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
All which isn't K-Meleon related. 
Change Forum Backend
Posted by: Zero3K
Date: April 16, 2015 02:45AM

I think it would be a good idea to do that since this one has the issue with code, etc. overflowing past the normal area were the posts are shown along with other ones.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Change Forum Backend
Posted by: JamesD
Date: April 16, 2015 01:15PM

What issue do you mean? I have pictures and code often that flow past the normal text area, but no one has complained they could not see my posts.

Posted by: JohnHell
Date: April 16, 2015 02:52PM

I don't agree with changing this light forum, but isn't less true, even without complaints, that I opted years ago to add this to userContent.css because sometimes was almost a nightmare:

/* K-MELEON FORUM */
@-moz-document domain(kmeleon.sourceforge.net){
div[class="PhorumReadBodyText"]{overflow:auto!important}
}

Alternatively, can be set overflow-x instead overflow.

If there is the need, as simple as scroll to the right.

This could be included in the Phorum template, if Dorian or guenter consider, as did with topic list.

Posted by: jonaspm
Date: April 23, 2015 05:41AM

How about updating it? To newest version... it's not that heavy... still lightweight compared to other modern forums

Posted by: rodocop
Date: April 23, 2015 09:17AM

My problem with forum is that all e-mails of users are hidden even if they are set to be shown.

Date: April 23, 2015 09:19AM

Current Phorum version is 5.2.19. What is our version?

Posted by: siria
Date: April 23, 2015 10:14AM

rodocop
My problem with forum is that all e-mails of users are hidden even if they are set to be shown.

Wasn't aware of that. In the past it was different, so seems to have been changed. It wouldn't be so bad regarding privacy reasons, but then it should be possible to actually send an email via the PM function (Private Message, button exists). Just recently discovered that this function actually semi-works, it can be used to send private messages (although 10 are way too little), but the recipient never is notified by mail about having gotten a PM.

Date: April 23, 2015 05:44PM

Yes, PM partly fixes this issue and it's temporary 'postbox' to start communication through other channels, so 10 is enough for every same time.

Date: July 25, 2015 05:43PM

Puuhh.... 9 days!! With all the other parts of sourceforge restored sooner, I was slowly starting to worry if the forum was lost for good now. Boah, but SF really has no future anymore sad smiley

Date: July 25, 2015 06:09PM

The k* and b* projects were/are (respectively) in the edge till the end.

I really feared for all the knowledge in the forum confused smiley

https://mobile.twitter.com/sfnet_ops

http://sf.net/blog

Date: August 20, 2015 10:11AM

Sensation: just got an automatic email for a followed topic! Miracle!! grinning smiley
Thank you Dorian for fixing!

Date: August 20, 2015 03:17PM

Let's hope it works for all, like PMs.

In the past never worked

Posted by: Dorian
Date: August 20, 2015 04:23PM

siria
Sensation: just got an automatic email for a followed topic! Miracle!! grinning smiley
Thank you Dorian for fixing!

You should thank sourceforge for providing this service. They added it a while ago, but a bug in the phorum module i've made prevented it to work until now.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.