sea of obscurity?
Posted by: JamesD
Date: May 16, 2013 06:02PM

I am not sure obscure is a good fit for KM. After all, it is my default browser. The following link is to a blog on Tech Republic.

http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/five-apps/five-lesser-known-web-browsers-worth-trying/1851

Re: sea of obscurity?
Posted by: guenter
Date: May 17, 2013 04:37PM

JamesD
I am not sure obscure is a good fit for KM. After all, it is my default browser. The following link is to a blog on Tech Republic.

http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/five-apps/five-lesser-known-web-browsers-worth-trying/1851

Guess someone should add the comment that You need to use an 16 KM beta or so to get most pages working.

p.s. K-Meleon stopped to be my default. :-(

I still use it a lot to research info because it still has the most sophisticated add search engine and search engine menus and open Tab/Window in Foreground / Background settings that I know of.

Posted by: rodocop
Date: May 22, 2013 12:14PM

it's harder and harder to keep KM as default browser. Web pages are consequently redesigned to the unsupported technologies.

Google maps (and russian rival Yandex too) are unusable now, many other popular sites become based on advanced html5 and css3 features...

But I'm going on with KM Twin (Chromium tab makes it possible to browse unsupported pages).
I'm thinking about KM bundle with portable Qupzilla as the latter has good support for modern techs but is more 'light' than ChromeFrame or ChromiumEmbedded...

Try K-Meleon-1.6db+NS by dugbug // KM-16-S2014 by Fred // 1.6beta2.6 by JamesD

K-Meleon Twin+ Download for modern browsers =//= Download for old ones =//= Discuss it!!!

New KM74.0 for test and feedback! Get it there!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/22/2013 12:14PM by rodocop.

Posted by: soccerfan
Date: May 22, 2013 12:52PM

rodocop
I'm thinking about KM bundle with portable Qupzilla as the latter has good support for modern techs but is more 'light' than ChromeFrame or ChromiumEmbedded...

Sounds good. Thanks drool smiley

soccerfan

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.