avast 6.0.1000
Posted by: ndebord
Date: March 03, 2011 04:18PM

Avast has quickly updated once again from 5.1 to 6.0 and the new one has sandbox capability. Am using it now and am impressed. Footprint seems light. Am looking to run it with a differenct firewall, so any ideas much appreciated.

tks.

N

Re: avast 6.0.1000
Posted by: mhf
Date: March 04, 2011 10:18PM

ndebord I am using PrivateFirewall with avast since a long time and having no conflicts at all between them, they are both light weight.

Date: March 06, 2011 01:51AM

mhf
ndebord I am using PrivateFirewall with avast since a long time and having no conflicts at all between them, they are both light weight.

mhf,

Thanks for the info. I have tried Private Firewall and like it a lot... but am playing with it, Online Armor and OutPost Security Suite (free) on a rotating basis to see which works best with Avast. FWIW, I think Avast 6 is a home run and am perfectly happy with this new version (and the sandbox).

N

Date: March 06, 2011 10:57AM

By the way ndebord, can you access the avast forum ?
I have been getting a 404 since a few days, first I thought it was an old cached page but after clearing the cache, history etc I still can't access the forum - can you ? Thanks.

Date: March 06, 2011 07:05PM

mhf
By the way ndebord, can you access the avast forum ?
I have been getting a 404 since a few days, first I thought it was an old cached page but after clearing the cache, history etc I still can't access the forum - can you ? Thanks.

mhf,

Was just on there a minute ago:

http://forum.avast.com/

N

Date: March 07, 2011 06:12PM

Yes, you're right thanks, it's OK now - I don't know what happened before.

Date: March 07, 2011 10:11PM

mhf
Yes, you're right thanks, it's OK now - I don't know what happened before.

mhf,

Probably down for a bit, it happens. <shrug>

N

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.