Off-Topic :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
All which isn't K-Meleon related. 
opera extensions
Posted by: disrupted
Date: October 15, 2010 12:19AM

opera heats up the 'browsers war' by offering extensions api in in next major build
http://my.opera.com/chooseopera/blog/2010/10/14/opera-11-will-have-extensions

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: opera extensions
Posted by: panzer
Date: October 15, 2010 07:26AM

War for second place. Km still reigns supreme. grinning smiley

Date: October 15, 2010 12:37PM

grinning smiley kmeleon isn't a player in their stupid wars. their motivation is profit..not sure if safari is part of it either. safari is pretty much dominant on macs and apple doesn't care about browser-revenues..they make their money(a lot of it) else where and the main battlefield is the windows platform which apple doesn't care about.

so the real warmongers are microsoft IE, firefox, chrome, opera and maybe a few other players in the shadows like avant and maxthon collecting up the small war spoils. like apple, ms isn't concerned with browser-revenue but to them it's a territorial thing(that's my backyard and no one should play here) also they have to prove their abilities as software makers by having a powerful offering for their os so they have to fight hard. mozilla in its humble beginnings cared only about survival but now it's all for money and firefox is the bread-earner and to opera is was always about money right from the start.

Posted by: panzer
Date: October 15, 2010 02:29PM

Opera reigns supreme elswhere.

Posted by: guenter
Date: October 17, 2010 04:34PM

disrupted
opera heats up the 'browsers war' by offering extensions api in in next major build
http://my.opera.com/chooseopera/blog/2010/10/14/opera-11-will-have-extensions

In the linked article it says:

opera-11-will-have-extensions
Extensions will be based on the W3C Widget specifications and this is being considered for an Open Standard effort.

Probably means that Opera Unite framework will become shaped more like the standard W3C Widgets 1.0 Working Draft... or?

Looks like PPL at W3C have been working on an open Widget standard? smiling smiley

This is the first time I heard of it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2010 04:37PM by guenter.

Date: October 17, 2010 05:49PM

from what i've read, some of their extensions will indeed use the same widget frame..so they are working closely with w3c. opera has been working with them for a while now.. both opera and mozilla have pushed them into abandoning the strict xhtml 2 for more lax html5. xhtml2 is technically dead now.

search for ian hickson, he works for both wc3 and opera and possibly why opera has much of its way with the consortium

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.