K-Meleon 1.5.3 tests
Posted by: JujuLand
Date: October 14, 2009 03:41AM

As I was testing the non-unicode 1.53 version, since a long time without arriving to locate the bug which crashes K-Meleon, the wine developpers ask me some debug info to help debugging.

I asked to Dorian, and he send me some files, and I installed the unicode exe version to test it.

Incredible, this version seems not to crash anymore. My thoughts about the unicode problems were dated from 1.5.2 version, and I never test 1.5.3 unicode.

No crash when starting as 1.5.2, and it seems to be ok a long time. No crash since an hour about what was impossible with non-unicode version.

Another good new, the URL history gives no more error message and seems to work correctly.

I think it will be necessary to continue to test, but it a good new.

To test it, install 1.5.3 with setup for example, open then the setup with 7-zip and extract K-Meleon.exe (overwrite the non-unicode version, or rename it before), or instead of setup, use 7-Zip package.

Report here if it's ok for you.

I'm using wine 1.1.30 and Ubuntu 8.10

[edit]

Grrr... a crash just after the send of the post. It ought to be too nice ...

[/edit]
A+


Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:24.0) Gecko/20140105 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/74.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr





Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2009 03:46AM by JujuLand.

Re: K-Meleon 1.5.3 tests
Posted by: JujuLand
Date: November 19, 2009 03:49AM

I have now wine 1.1.32, and if there are some crashes, it seems that they are less than before, and it seems crashes occur more often on web page using javascript.

I continue tests. I have no news of wine guys for the moment.

I test principally 1.53, but I have tested 1.52, and 1.54 without more crashes than with 1.53

Two old problems seem now to be solved.

1) The URL list now works correctly and without error messages.
2) When the bookmarks toolbar is full, we can now access to the end of it (submenu)

But, always :
- impossible to move a toolbar from a line to another.
- mailto links aren't working
- some wrong icons (bad transparency)
- properties not displayed in Bookmark Editor

Sento (url, page, and text) are ok. I hope the modified macros will be included in next release.

A+


Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:24.0) Gecko/20140105 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/74.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr





Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2009 04:39AM by JujuLand.

Re: K-Meleon 1.5.3 tests
Date: January 24, 2010 12:09PM

Linux needs K-Meleon as does K-meleon need Linux. This is a great place to get exposure and grow in the browser market! Once people find out how fast and dependable it can be they'll want it for Windows and wallah...its already available! Lets not pass this opportunity by. Linux is growing with leaps and bounds..Jump on!

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.