As I was testing the non-unicode 1.53 version, since a long time without arriving to locate the bug which crashes K-Meleon, the wine developpers ask me some debug info to help debugging.
I asked to Dorian, and he send me some files, and I installed the unicode exe version to test it.
Incredible, this version seems not to crash anymore. My thoughts about the unicode problems were dated from 1.5.2 version, and I never test 1.5.3 unicode.
No crash when starting as 1.5.2, and it seems to be ok a long time. No crash since an hour about what was impossible with non-unicode version.
Another good new, the URL history gives no more error message and seems to work correctly.
I think it will be necessary to continue to test, but it a good new.
To test it, install 1.5.3 with setup for example, open then the setup with 7-zip and extract K-Meleon.exe (overwrite the non-unicode version, or rename it before), or instead of setup, use 7-Zip package.
Report here if it's ok for you.
I'm using wine 1.1.30 and Ubuntu 8.10
Grrr... a crash just after the send of the post. It ought to be too nice ...
Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr
Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2009 03:46AM by JujuLand.