Graphics :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
All about K-Meleon icons, skins and throbbers. 
New icon for K-Meleon
Posted by: Jose Rios
Date: September 14, 2009 05:43PM

I tested this "new" Internet browser. This software open Webpages very fast and have only the necessary tools to navigate. Forget problems with toolbars or add-ons.
All is perfect but I note only one thing rare. Why K-meleon use a dinosaur icon? The icon looks like Yoshi from Super Mario or Dino from Flintstones only this is green instead of purple. I think this icon should be changed for the next version of K-meleon.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New icon for K-Meleon
Posted by: reeko124
Date: September 14, 2009 06:37PM

When a logo is considered the only thing wrong with a browser I think the developers should take that as a huge compliment grinning smiley.

Its not new its been around longer then the the browser that begins with an F

Posted by: guenter
Date: September 14, 2009 06:41PM

Get an icon You like. Rename it to main.ico. Place it into Your currently used skin.

That is at ./k-meleon/skins/... You find the skin's name under menu F2 > GUI Appearance

Here is my current favorite icon:

You can do it for the other skin icons too. K-Meleon reacts to their names.

p.s. Knowing that You can let the devs have their favorite icon at install, but no longer

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2009 06:52PM by guenter.

Attachments: main.ico (4.2 KB)  
Posted by: disrupted
Date: September 14, 2009 06:50PM

no browser is flawless and nothing can be 100% perfect..so k-meleon keeps using its very first icon (original mozilla gecko) so it can have atleast one flaw so the other browsers will not get too jealous.. they can have their perfectly snazzy icons to compensate for their bullshit core grinning smiley

Posted by: reeko124
Date: September 14, 2009 07:02PM

disrupted
no browser is flawless and nothing can be 100% perfect..so k-meleon keeps using its very first icon (original mozilla gecko) so it can have atleast one flaw so the other browsers will not get too jealous.. they can have their perfectly snazzy icons to compensate for their bullshit core grinning smiley

Another classic disrupted quote right there grinning smiley To fanboyish if you ask me grinning smiley j/k

Date: September 14, 2009 07:19PM

The current default icon was possibly done to answer this dev request by Christophe.

http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?4,60411,60446#msg-60446

Ugly or not an ancient tradition. & recko stop picking @ disrupted he made my icon.grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2009 07:23PM by guenter.

Posted by: Yogi
Date: September 14, 2009 07:34PM

@Jose Rios

As already mentioned before you can use the icon of your choice for K-Meleon.
You can hack the resources of the K-Meleon executable (.exe) and modify its look as well.

There are many alternative logos you can replace the original one with but IMHO very few which will still look fine at 16px.

"If a logo works at 16px, you've cracked it" - John Hicks

Posted by: siria
Date: September 14, 2009 08:19PM

Hey, but it's cute! I absolutely LOVE the little dino! :B

The "K" in the other icon looks good too, but nothing can beat that little cutie grinning smiley

Actually, since I just learned there are different icons in the skins, the one I mean is from the Klassic Skin :-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2009 08:31PM by siria.

Date: September 14, 2009 08:42PM

A good Resource Hacker?!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2009 08:43PM by guenter.

Date: September 15, 2009 07:28AM

Very good one...

That`s what i am using too ...never failed me...I do not care about the icons...as long as they are very small and do not drain my memory....I used to hack the dll`s and remove them all than chase down all the K-meleon files and remove them from where i could find them...And when i finally slimmed down the lizard to the max,I found out that there is not BIG difference between a icon loaded one or a iconless one...

So i just gave up at slimming K-meleons....My skin is seted on Klasic and is gonna stay that way...i delete all the other skins...(Sorry guys!!)

My favorite forums
http://www.graphixanstuff.com
http://www.closeprotectionworld.co.uk/index.php?referrerid=11530

Posted by: Yogi
Date: September 15, 2009 04:55PM

It is the tool I've also used to modify the look of the K-Meleon.EXE smiling smiley

Gorilla no baka
My skin is seted on Klasic and is gonna stay that way...

A very slightly modified Klassic skin is my favorite as well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2009 05:01PM by Yogi.

Posted by: mhf
Date: September 15, 2009 06:12PM

Just being curious but why is there a sort of silhouette of Mickey Mouse behind the lizard's head ?

Posted by: snuz2
Date: September 16, 2009 07:41AM

That is the symbol of Spliff, the original artist for the icon.

Here is one I made, from my website, it looks good at 16px, not so good at 32px:

I like it, but then again I have exquisite taste, so if I see a lot of downloads I will have to make a new one. haha.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2009 04:52AM by snuz2.

Date: October 21, 2009 06:23PM

Hey! Just stumbled over this, the KMeleon dragon on dmoz.org, am slightly surprised :O Just curious now, what's its origin, is there a history behind "him"...? smiling smiley
http://www.dmoz.org/Computers/Data_Formats/Style_Sheets/CSS//
http://www.dmoz.org/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2009 06:37PM by siria.

Posted by: ndebord
Date: October 31, 2009 04:34AM

There are a huge number of icons you can use instead of the smiling, fire-breathing green dragon. look here for other choices. Just copy over your favorite into your theme's folder (back up the original first, of course).

http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/SkinsAndThrobbers#throb

N

Posted by: ndebord
Date: October 31, 2009 04:36AM

Gorilla,

Well, Klassic aint' half bad, so no complaints there, but if you had to get down to just one theme, IMHO, you made the wrong choice. It should have been Early Blue!!!

<g,d&r>

N

Posted by: Daveski17
Date: November 09, 2009 12:35PM

I thought the K-Meleon icon was a chameleon! I actually like it. Whatever it is supposed to be. smiling smiley

K-Meleon ~ Not a Melon!

Posted by: Doon
Date: December 01, 2009 08:20PM

Generally speaking, I like the Klassic animated throbber (the Alternative Throbber) but I think it needs more visual action, such as moving background clouds or a color cycling aura, because the delay between puffs of fire makes it too visually subtle. I extracted it's frames some weeks ago but I haven't done anything to change it yet, and I'm not sure if I will ever get around to it.

Siria! I too was curious about this fire breathing character, and thanks to your posting up above I've since found out he's had a life outside of the little box in the corner of my screen. It's Mozilla himself! (the "original mozilla gecko" as Disrupted stated up above)

Some history: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mozilla

Our friendly 'zilla is all over dmoz.org of course, but since I was unable to get a directory listing of "dmoz.org/img/moz" I checked the latest archived version of the page, quickly converted the html to image tags and uploaded it HERE (I've also zipped it and attached it to this posting).

There are (VERY) many great, funny, cute and clever images I'm sure you will enjoy. There are over 2000 images in total (also known as Mozzies), weighing in at nearly nine megabytes, but there are often a zillion variations on a theme.

Attachments: zilla.zip (29.9 KB)  
Date: December 01, 2009 09:05PM

Doon
It's Mozilla himself! (the "original mozilla gecko" as Disrupted stated up above)

Oh, so it's little Mozzie!! Cool! grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley

Doon
Our friendly 'zilla is all over dmoz.org of course, but since I was unable to get a directory listing of "dmoz.org/img/moz" I checked the latest archived version of the page, quickly converted the html to image tags and uploaded it

Whow - CLEVER! (As always, hehe grinning smiley )

Doon
There are (VERY) many great, funny, cute and clever images I'm sure you will enjoy. There are over 2000 images in total (also known as Mozzies), weighing in at nearly nine megabytes, but there are often a zillion variations on a theme.

Absolutely, amazing, boah! So Dave Titus was the brilliant artist! Well, one thing is sure, he must have definitely had FUN drawing those pics, LOL! grinning smiley

Dave Titus T-Shirt collection: www.ex-mozilla.org/teeshirtart/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2009 09:06PM by siria.

Posted by: what?
Date: June 27, 2010 09:45AM

Hallo! Habe das gleiche "Problem": Ich will den komischen Dinosaurier wegkriegen ... und durch einen eigenen Icon ersetzen. Hab´s mit Resource Hacker probiert, aber es will nicht klappen, spricht hier jemand deutsch? Wie kann ich das hinkriegen?

Date: June 27, 2010 04:14PM

what?
Hallo! Habe das gleiche "Problem": Ich will den komischen Dinosaurier wegkriegen ... und durch einen eigenen Icon ersetzen. Hab´s mit Resource Hacker probiert, aber es will nicht klappen, spricht hier jemand deutsch? Wie kann ich das hinkriegen?

K-Meleon reagiert auf die Namen der Dateien in der Skin.

Benutzte Skin: Du willst main.ico durch eine andere Ikone ersetzen.
Sie muß main.ico genannt werden und dort hin kopiert werden.

Das geht ohne Resource Hacker. grinning smiley
Und komischer Saurier will ich nicht gelesen haben. tongue sticking out smiley

Falls du Ikonen suchst, guck mal in anderen Skins nach.

Hier findest du ein Archiv mit vielen K-Meleon 1.5 Skins.

2 Deutsche Datenschutz Leisten (Privacy Bar).

p.s. Im K-Meleon Forum antwortet man laut Deutscher Wikipedia und mindestens einer anderen Online Quelle zu K-Meleon Browser in . smiling smiley

Am schnellsten Anwort kriegst du übrigens, wenn du in General ein neues Thema eröffnest. Deutscher Titel!

Wußte nicht, dass "what?" als Spitznamen in Hessen gebräuchlich ist tongue sticking out smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2010 09:02PM by guenter.

Date: June 27, 2010 10:42PM

Okaaayy ..., danke für die Antwort! Die neuen, göttlichen Ikonen sind trotz Resource Hacker da gelandet, wo sie anscheinend hin sollen. Heißen auch so, wie sie heißen wollen. Funzt trotzdem nicht. Da ist schon die Rede von dem entsprechenden Ordner auf der Festplatte? Oder gibt´s in K-Meleon irgendein Menü, in dem ich rumsuchen muss? (... bislang nix gefunden ...) Ehrlich: Das grüne Vieh sieht schlimm aus. *lol* Aber der Browser ist der Burner.

Von wegen "will *insert own name here* nicht gehört haben" ... - Kann ich ja nix für, wenn du laut liest! tongue sticking out smiley

Date: June 27, 2010 10:44PM

Oooops. ´zeihung. Hab mich verlesen. Hörst sowieso nix. grinning smiley Sorry!

Posted by: SoerenB
Date: June 28, 2010 03:01AM

Hi, what?,

Funzt trotzdem nicht. Da ist schon die Rede von dem entsprechenden Ordner auf der Festplatte? Oder gibt´s in K-Meleon irgendein Menü, in dem ich rumsuchen muss?

da hast Du wahrscheinlich nur was falsch verstanden - also noch mal langsam:

• Das main.ico im in dem Ordner der von Dir benutzten Skin muß durch ein main.ico Deiner Wahl ersetzt werden.
  • Finde diesen Ordner so: schau unter -> F2 -> Bedienoberfläche wie Deine Skin heißt.
  • Das ist auch der Name des gesuchten Ordners, er befindet sich standardmäßig in C:\Programme\K-Meleon\Skins
  • Falls sich die darin befindliche main.ico nicht ersetzen lässt, musst Du Dir erst Schreibrecht in dem Ordner zuweisen.
  • Die favicons bleiben dadurch unberührt - die tabs z.B. von diesem Forum zeigen immer das gleiche Tier...

Cheers
SoerenB

Back again ...

Date: June 28, 2010 03:37AM

@ SoerenB und what?,

habe nicht richtig erklärt oder zu viel als bekannt angenommen. Sorrissimo.smiling smiley

Ein Zip mit ein paar main.icons (main1-11) angehängt. Entpacken, eins in main.icon umbenennen und da hin kopieren, wo SoerenB beschrieb. Browser neu starten.

Deine gepachte Exe zeigt ihre Ikone im System nur, wenn kein main.ico im Verzeichnis der grad benutzten Skin ist. Sonst hat das main.ico Vorrang.

mfG aus Hannover

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2010 03:41AM by guenter.

Attachments: .icons.zip (212.9 KB)  
Date: June 28, 2010 06:07PM

@ SoerenB und guenter:

Danke, das hatte ich zuvor auch so gemacht, nur eben mit selbsterstellten Ikonen. Werde es in ´ner ruhigen Minute mal mit dem zip versuchen. ... Yoah, ich habe den K-Meleon erst seit vorgestern, daher ist mir noch nicht allzuviel darüber bekannt. ^^

Danke schonemal, viele Grüße

what?

Date: June 28, 2010 06:18PM

Ich nochmal, what? Sehe gerade, dass ich das anfangs doch richtig gemacht hatte. Keine Ahnung, wieso der Browser das nich gleich nach dem nächsten (und inzwischen sonstwievielten) Neustart geschluckt hat, sondern erst jetzt. Mir soll´s recht sein. Danke!

Grüße, what?

Date: June 28, 2010 10:14PM

Hauptsache es geht jetzt. Es sind etliche Deutsche hier.
Du bist auch sprachlich willkommen. smiling smiley

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.