General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
PLZ Help
Posted by: dana1971
Date: December 26, 2009 07:29PM

I have KM to switch to firefox 2.0 when I go to FaceBook, but chat on Facebook still won't work...I have the latest flash installed...is there anything else I can do?? It shows ppl on chat but when I try to send a message it won't go thru.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: PLZ Help
Posted by: siria
Date: December 26, 2009 07:41PM

Every time glad I'm NOT on facebook grinning smiley
So not much of a clue, but there was something similar recently, perhaps a FF-3 string helps:
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?4,94040,94040

(type about:config and filter word agent, then add another one)

Posted by: guenter
Date: December 26, 2009 08:25PM

If You use AutoAgentSwitcher?

Some pages need more than one URL change (I know first hand from my Yahoo mail account) make sure that all their relevant URLs are in the "BadSitesList".

AFAIRemember two persons reported sites that require Firefox 3 strings.
That is another option to try.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/26/2009 08:25PM by guenter.

Date: December 26, 2009 08:39PM

I'd be lost at figuring out all those hidden details, but just for testing the quickest way sure is to avoid the auto switcher, and rather do a simple manual switch of the general agent, that works for all sites.

Date: December 26, 2009 08:48PM

For most sites one entry in the BlackList is sufficient.

My Yahoo is a yahoo.com address on a German server grinning smiley

To change to FF all the time is contra productive since it will prevent a K-Meleon footprint in statistics. sad smiley No footprint in statistic = no user. tongue sticking out smiley

And this nuisance will continue forever.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/26/2009 08:49PM by guenter.

Date: December 26, 2009 09:07PM

My view exactly grinning smiley But I only switch manually (and only short times), simply because none of my regular sites needs it (no facebook etc. tongue sticking out smiley), so only needed for problems and testing now and then.
But I've grown to rather like those general switches, it means that I can rely on the privacy buttons: What they show, is actually used for all pages, hardly any exceptions. Wanna stay "in control" and know "what's up" tongue sticking out smiley And that wouldn't work if I'd had to remember lots of exceptions, lack of memory for such boring stuff ;-)

Hehe, yep my main addy is also yahoo, but I almost never use it on the web, always only by pop3! Great luck it's free in Germany grinning smiley

Date: December 26, 2009 10:56PM

Hi, thanks for all the help. Yes I have used, and am using the AutoAgentSwitcher..I have it to use Firefox 2.0 on Facebook, but the chat won't work when I try to send a message to someone. I also tried using the chat without the AutoAgentSwitcher and just setting it to Firefox, but it still won't work. I have no idea what the URL for facebook chat is to add it.....anyone know?

Date: December 26, 2009 11:53PM

Probably repeat "ADD" is enough. 4 most sites.

Else look -- at yahoo i found small changes/variations.

p.s. I have some additional places

bagel_0.4.1_g1801 bei live.de // a Japanese freeware mozilla broswer

01sterndaler bei googlemail.com // a fairy tale character

It was as easier with them.

bei = @ (I am German)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/26/2009 11:57PM by guenter.

Date: December 28, 2009 11:36AM

How/Where do I get this FF3.5.3 extension string?? Under my User Agent it has Firefox 2.0

Posted by: Matt
Date: December 28, 2009 11:44AM

http://www.useragentstring.com/pages/Firefox/ - for a quick change choose Tools > User Agent > Custom...

Posted by: disrupted
Date: December 28, 2009 11:49AM

facebook doesn't need ff 3.x string..
tested the chat message sending in both ff 2.0 and 3.5.. sometimes it gets delayed and fails in both those browsers.
it's not a km problem or UA problem, facebook has problems with their servers

Date: December 31, 2009 02:00AM

I got the chat on facebook fixed....BUT, on my profile page and on the news page where it has a box like there, and it says "What's on your mind"...where you can type stuff in there to say.... while KM is on Default it won't let me type anything in there. For example...if I type a S it finds an S somewhere on the page and highlights it, but won't let me type anything....how can I fix this???

Posted by: desga2
Date: December 31, 2009 08:14PM

Edit -> Page Search -> uncheck "Find As You Type".

Happy New Year 2010!

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2009 08:15PM by desga2.

Date: January 01, 2010 12:16AM

Thank You SO Much...

HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!!!!

:-)

Date: January 01, 2010 12:23AM

Didn't work :-(

Date: January 01, 2010 09:59AM

dana1971
while KM is on Default it won't let me type anything in there.

facebook needs the ff agent, download the useragent switcher again, it has been updated and should now work with all facebook subdomains without problems

Date: January 01, 2010 01:15PM

Thanks Disrupted....everything seems to work while using the useragent switcher and using FF on facebook. Was just hoping to be able to be on facebook in default since it seems faster, but in default I have the problem where it won't let me type in the "What is on your mind" box, nor will it let me type anything in ref: to a comment.

Date: January 01, 2010 05:37PM

you can't use the km default ua..that's the whole point, when you use that; the page treats kmeleon as an "unknown browser" and many features will either be blocked out or not functional due to code specific to trident ie engine which will never work on a gecko browser.

if you feel it's speeder with kmeleon ua, it's probably due to facebook not loading their extra features

if you want to fix facebook problems with kmeleon for good, then consider sending a message to this guy:
http://www.facebook.com/pete

tell him that their browser sniffer dates back to 1999 and it should be looking for engine name or enabled-features instead of vendor and give him this link:
http://geckoisgecko.info

maybe they will learn something

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.