General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Need help Bad
Posted by: dana1971
Date: December 18, 2009 04:10PM

I have two problems while on Facebook with KM. KM won't let me upload a Video, and the Chat in Facebook won't work. Does anyone know how I can solve these two problems.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Need help Bad
Date: December 18, 2009 06:08PM

I noticed if I switch the User Agent to Firefox 2.0 the facebook chat Will work, BUT it allows other things I Do Not want to work on other web pages.....is there Any way at all to get Just facebook chat to work in the "Default" User Agent???

Posted by: guenter
Date: December 18, 2009 06:57PM

dana1971
is there Any way at all to get Just facebook chat to work in the "Default" User Agent???

No, they intentionally exclude K-Meleon. Many pages do.
Many browsers are treated like that.
And it is also a problem for non Gecko browsers.

disrupted created an extension that automatically changes for pages that need it:

"this extension auto changes the K-Meleon default useragent to firefox when a backwards website with bad sniffers blocks out some features that are supported by K-Meleon. the extension compares website hosts against a blacklist which can be edited to add more sites."

When it is installed You can add all pages that need it.

p.s. A thread with detailed back info & links about shoddy places that pretend Your browser is sub standard and does not do something that they require.

BTW. To Google some complaints & some looser sites use: You browser is not supported

My bet - some 'd like to be on 1.st page at Google for their real topic.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2009 06:58PM by guenter.

Date: December 18, 2009 08:46PM

Thanks......solved it. LOVE this browser, it's THE BEST !!!

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.