General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Link Colors
Posted by: rg
Date: September 30, 2001 10:57PM

Hi, thanks for a great browser. I just started using it today. How can I get the clicked links to change color from Blue to Red. They always stay blue.

Thanks in advance.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Link Colors
Posted by: po
Date: September 30, 2001 11:14PM

for now, i think you have to use your head to remember where you've been...

...it's not easy for me, either. :-)

po

Posted by: scratch
Date: October 02, 2001 03:56AM

Yeah, there is no history right now, so it doesn't know what links you've visited.

Posted by: Andrew
Date: October 02, 2001 11:02PM

If you want to implement visited links, do the following:

Copy the following files from: C:\Program Files\mozilla.org\Mozilla\components

appcomps.dll
mork.dll

to here: C:\Program Files\K-Meleon\components

Follow the instructions to create a user.js file posted here:

http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/docs/custompref.php

and add the following line:

user_pref("browser.visited_color", "#RRGGBB");

Where RRGGBB equals the RGB Hex code for your visited link color. The following would create "red" visited links:

user_pref("browser.visited_color", "#FF0000");

Andrew

Date: October 03, 2001 04:18AM

will that really work? if that's the case, it might be nice to either include those components, or, so as not to weight down the package, maybe make them available on the sight somewhere... i don't have a mozilla install handy...

po

Date: October 03, 2001 04:33AM

Po,

Yes, it works. Those 2 DLLs handle the global history function (among other things) for Moz. This is a known issue and the Moz team is working on a lightweight solution as packaging those 2 DLLs would add about 800K to the installation package. Ouch! Hopefully, we can either add a "history pack" or maybe beta test the new patch.

E-mail me your addy and I'll send you the Moz files.

Andrew

Posted by: Crissov
Date: October 16, 2001 02:07PM

Wouldn't an User CSS, where you could define the appeareance of any element, be the better solution?

Date: October 17, 2001 03:51AM

It actually is two separate issues:

1) Tracking the URLs visited to create a "history"

2) The actual display properties of the visited link.

#2 can't happen without #1. The "user_pref" setting accomplishes the same effect as a "User CSS". I can't recall if Mozilla supports a user-defined stylesheet. If it does, that might be an option that could be explored to make available as a preference.

Andrew

Date: October 17, 2001 06:44AM

if the user style sheet is feasible, i vote for that... it gives control over a whole buncha stuff, and might be the only way to override the CSS on a page... in any case, it might be really nice to create a preferences section that was sort of a user-friendly interface for selecting values for some of the more common things people might want to determine for themselves... there could be some presets, too, maybe, for hi-contrast, large type, color-blindness-friendly, etc... to make things easier for people with visual impairments. just a thought.

--- po

Date: October 17, 2001 11:50AM

Po,

Please pass along any suggestions that you have. I've been looking at what Mozilla currently makes available through preferences as well as what we've had requests for from users. Apparently, it isn't too difficult to set up some of these preferences so we can consider a lot of options.

Andrew

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.