CNET Article (August 2009)
Posted by: Steven
Date: October 24, 2009 05:40PM

Just curious about what others think of the K-Meleon assessment in this article from the summer:

Tested: Five Web browsers you've never heard of by Nate Lanxon

http://crave.cnet.co.uk/software/0,39029471,49303237-4,00.htm

Re: CNET Article (August 2009)
Posted by: guenter
Date: October 24, 2009 06:26PM

Steven

Thx Steven @ opera.mini.net - Without Nate Lanxon I would never know that I was one of the "coders and hackers" that had the above average knowledge that was needed to love K-Meleon. grinning smiley

"Looks like an old Firefox" means the guy did not get that K-Meleon was skinable

Maybe we should be glad that he did not find Klassic skin which reminds me of IE.

Reading the Nate Lanxon's comment about Opera's market share @ cnet was kind of funny 2. Opera users have to spoof K-Meleon and what not in order to get past the Cerberus that guards their comments. How does the guy expect to get valid usage statistics if PPL have to spoof?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2009 06:32PM by guenter.

Posted by: JohnHell
Date: October 24, 2009 06:38PM

I love last paragraph as is telling the truth.

We are hackers. Tacking the real and good meaning of the word hacker and we like good made things.

Thanks for that comment.

The other part of the paragraph where says that the UI it's important for intermediate computer users, demonstrates how ... (can't be said without offend) are the average computer users.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2009 06:39PM by JohnHell.

Posted by: Yogi
Date: October 24, 2009 07:01PM

Bullshit at its best.

we now know exactly who most of these people are: coders and hackers

-- these people are hackers and developers who adore tweaking and customising.

After testing briefly K-Meleon they at least know exactly who most of its users are.
Isn't it ingenious?
Wonder if they know about computing as much.
I always thought developers and coders are developing and writing code. Now I know better, they are tweaking and customising grinning smiley
BTW, 'hacker' in this context is a very sweeping term.

However why would an advanced user stick with a poor browser to beginn with?
We will never know.
It's a secret Nate Lanxon will probably take with him to his grave.

Hopefully Dorian won't read that article because in case he will, he will ask himself where all those coders and developers using K-Meleon tucked away grinning smiley

Posted by: desga2
Date: October 24, 2009 08:07PM

K-Meleon Hacking the Web... smiling smiley

K-Meleon in Spanish

Posted by: JamesD
Date: October 25, 2009 01:53AM

I always wished to be a hacker. Now "I are one".

Posted by: ndebord
Date: October 25, 2009 05:05AM

guenter
Steven

Thx Steven @ opera.mini.net - Without Nate Lanxon I would never know that I was one of the "coders and hackers" that had the above average knowledge that was needed to love K-Meleon. grinning smiley

"Looks like an old Firefox" means the guy did not get that K-Meleon was skinable

Maybe we should be glad that he did not find Klassic skin which reminds me of IE.

Reading the Nate Lanxon's comment about Opera's market share @ cnet was kind of funny 2. Opera users have to spoof K-Meleon and what not in order to get past the Cerberus that guards their comments. How does the guy expect to get valid usage statistics if PPL have to spoof?

Guenter,

Remember the dot com crash? I was working in tech magazines at the time and a year later on 9/11 at 5PM precisely, I was let go. I was rehired for awhile, but between the dot com crash and the plane crashes, most people my age and a decade younger were let go in the computing trade magazines.

The folks doing stuff now have ZERO institutional memory and often little knowledge of their craft. Magazines are on life-support and the first thing let go were the higher payrolls and the hacks who now sit at all those desks are most definitely short in the talent department.

This guy is hilarious in his stoopidity, although I guess I should cut him a break and just call him ignorant.

N

Posted by: Yogi
Date: October 25, 2009 08:07AM

We all are developers, the song:

Developers, developers, developers!!! grinning smiley

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.