General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
forum search broken - more
Posted by: trebitzki
Date: July 16, 2009 08:08AM

wtf? I'm logged in and can't edit my previous post? Doesn't *show* that I'm logged in? Pullease, switch to a real forum!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: forum search broken - more
Posted by: JujuLand
Date: July 16, 2009 10:16AM

regnad (port-212-202-27-30.dynamic.qsc.de)
trebitzki (port-212-202-27-30.dynamic.qsc.de)

Could it be the same guy ??? It seems to be a kind of spam, and we don't love it

To answer to your perhaps question : Are you sure to be connected to the good user?
For me and a lot of others, editing is avalaible.

This forum has perhaps an aspect that you can find old, but it's efficient.

Peut importe le flacon, pourvu qu'on ait l'ivresse tongue sticking out smiley

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2009 10:17AM by JujuLand.

Posted by: desga2
Date: July 16, 2009 10:18AM

Not really, you didn't login in the before post:
regnad
Searching for "default browser" all time returns nothing, but the post is there: http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?1,82141,82147,quote=1

How about switching to a mature forum tool? Arch Linux uses punbb, works fine.

Now you are login in this post, and you can edit the post:
trebitzki
wtf? I'm logged in and can't edit my previous post? Doesn't *show* that I'm logged in? Pullease, switch to a real forum!!

K-Meleon in Spanish

Date: July 16, 2009 11:18AM

Hi

It's not spam, just being too dumb to see if I'm logged in or not. Nowhere on the page is there any mention of my username. I'm not complaining about 'old', my concern is usability - feedback as to where you are, how you got there (breadcrumbs) and any relevant metainfo, such as logged in or guest. Another thing is the 'follow topic' link didn't do a thing for me. I just found the replies by searching for my username (thank goodness it's just one word!).

Sorry for the rant; my concern is really to do something for the project. And the first thing to do is make the site usable. I posted on this:

http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?2,94954,94954#msg-94954

because there seems to be no way to get involved except thru the mailing list. Is that really the only way, or can this thread help?

Posted by: JamesD
Date: July 16, 2009 11:58AM

@ trebitzki

Best way I know if I am logged in is to see if "NEW" appears by any of the items. By keeping a couple of cookies using Cookie Monster, I stay logged when I use my desktop unit. If I use my laptop then I am not logged in and I do not see "NEW" by items I have not visited.

I cannot always find things using the search. Some times it works for me and other times it does not. I don't know why.

Posted by: panzer
Date: July 16, 2009 12:07PM

I know if I am logged in if there are words log out written on forum's front page. grinning smiley

Date: July 16, 2009 12:21PM

@JamesD: I thought 'follow topic' would email me when a reply is posted. So you have to keep coming back and check?? Oh well.

@panzer: Thanks for the tip!

Posted by: Dorian
Date: July 16, 2009 04:41PM

@trebitzki
You don't get email because the sourceforge server doesn't allow it. The follow topic option was hidden at first, but it reappeared probably in the last forum update. It's not a problem with the forum itself (which is working well) but a lack of maintenance.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.