General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
K-MeleonCCF ME 0.096
Posted by: Hao Jiang
Date: July 15, 2009 08:05PM

[Release Notes]

+ Gecko updated to 1.91 (FX 3.5)

+ Improved stability

+ CSS Adfilter included as default instead of Adblock plus, less CPU and memory usage (like 0.085 version, Adblock plus included version will be provided later)

+ New function 'speedyKM' included to replace speeddial function. It doesn't use cookie to save pages and can be changed in options->SpeedyKM setup (Thanks to original author disrupted)

+ New default theme: Nuvola

* Fix bug: can't use View selected html when popup blocker is turned on

[Download]

https://sourceforge.net/projects/k-meleonccfme/files/k-meleonccfme/K-MeleonCCFME0.096.7z/download

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2009 08:12PM by Hao Jiang.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: K-MeleonCCF ME 0.096
Posted by: disrupted(unlogged)
Date: July 15, 2009 09:46PM

the best ccf so far, thanks hao. i keep getting a script error with ietab and if i click yes it crashes.. i'm not sure why, my ie is 6 .. could be ietab version, the older ietab extensions don't play very nicely with gecko 1.9..not that mportant anyway(who needs ie) ..some of the bbcode forum commands donot work(inserts) and opens a new tab instead of adding bbcode command. js error: error_tools_handle_img()

Date: July 15, 2009 10:49PM

disrupted(unlogged)
the best ccf so far, thanks hao. i keep getting a script error with ietab and if i click yes it crashes.. i'm not sure why, my ie is 6 .. could be ietab version, the older ietab extensions don't play very nicely with gecko 1.9..not that mportant anyway(who needs ie) ..some of the bbcode forum commands donot work(inserts) and opens a new tab instead of adding bbcode command. js error: error_tools_handle_img()

Need to run the ietab.bat in plugins folder

Posted by: ndebord
Date: July 16, 2009 12:27AM

Hao,

As an end user, I am not quite clear about how Mozilla Foundation has incorporated SQLite into their browsers. I see that you have SQLite files, but as DLLs, not SQLites. What is the difference? I'm dim when it comes to this side of things, you see.

<SIGH>

P.S. BTW, I really enjoy the theme and how you put it together. Much to play with here. TKs.

N

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2009 12:31AM by ndebord.

Date: July 16, 2009 12:42AM

ndebord
Hao,

As an end user, I am not quite clear about how Mozilla Foundation has incorporated SQLite into their browsers. I see that you have SQLite files, but as DLLs, not SQLites. What is the difference? I'm dim when it comes to this side of things, you see.

<SIGH>

P.S. BTW, I really enjoy the theme and how you put it together. Much to play with here. TKs.

ndebord,

I 'm not really into mozilla/seamonky development especially when it goes into 1.9x. To my understanding, they incorporated SQLite database into their structure, for example, you will find cookies.sqlite, formhistory.sqlite, permissions.sqlite, places.sqlite, signons.sqlite and urlbarhistory.sqlite files in the latest seamonkey 2.0 profile folders. All .sqlite data are encrypted other than plain texts as in the previous seamonkey versions. And the sqlite3.dll and other related ones are the browser components for running this database. Seamonkey 2.0 needs these dlls to run. So does K-MeleonCCF ME 0.09x since it's based on Seamonkey 2.0.

However K-Meleon core hasn't been able to implement all these Sqlite database, i.e. how to decrypt these .sqlite files and reading information out of them. And that's why currently the mozilla history and password manage is not working in this version. (I 'm using an old non-XUL history plugin to have the history work instead of sqlite data).

Apparently a lot of more coding needs to be done to have K-Meleon fully implemented the new Seamonkey 2.x structure (i.e. to use Sqlite database)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2009 12:42AM by Hao Jiang.

Date: July 16, 2009 02:38AM

Hao Jiang
ndebord
Hao,

<SIGH>

ndebord,

I 'm not really into mozilla/seamonky development especially when it goes into 1.9x. To my understanding, they incorporated SQLite database into their structure, for example, you will find cookies.sqlite, formhistory.sqlite, permissions.sqlite, places.sqlite, signons.sqlite and urlbarhistory.sqlite files in the latest seamonkey 2.0 profile folders. All .sqlite data are encrypted other than plain texts as in the previous seamonkey versions. And the sqlite3.dll and other related ones are the browser components for running this database. Seamonkey 2.0 needs these dlls to run. So does K-MeleonCCF ME 0.09x since it's based on Seamonkey 2.0.

However K-Meleon core hasn't been able to implement all these Sqlite database, i.e. how to decrypt these .sqlite files and reading information out of them. And that's why currently the mozilla history and password manage is not working in this version. (I 'm using an old non-XUL history plugin to have the history work instead of sqlite data).

Apparently a lot of more coding needs to be done to have K-Meleon fully implemented the new Seamonkey 2.x structure (i.e. to use Sqlite database)

Hao,

I'm not sure that this is not a mixed blessing. I've seen the hard drive writes with large sqlite files in my FF 3.5 and I've heard that file corruption is no better than before. Perhaps finding a way to use an older password manager is not a bad thing either, as I've heard complaints about the ability to export passwords easily from the new system (although I have to say the password manager currently used in Gecko 1.8 is not the best thing out there. Don't have a clue about password manager options).

N

Date: July 16, 2009 02:42AM

ndebord
Hao Jiang
ndebord
Hao,

<SIGH>

ndebord,

Hao,

I'm not sure that this is not a mixed blessing. I've seen the hard drive writes with large sqlite files in my FF 3.5 and I've heard that file corruption is no better than before. Perhaps finding a way to use an older password manager is not a bad thing either, as I've heard complaints about the ability to export passwords easily from the new system (although I have to say the password manager currently used in Gecko 1.8 is not the best thing out there. Don't have a clue about password manager options).

That is one of the reason I 'm using Dorian's 3 years old non-XUL history plugin right now. As long as it works fine, there 's really no need to go to sqlite. However the old file slows down when the history is big.

Date: July 16, 2009 01:43PM

Hao,

nd>> I'm not sure that this is not a mixed blessing. I've seen the hard drive writes with large sqlite files in my FF 3.5 and I've heard that file corruption is no better than before. Perhaps finding a way to use an older password manager is not a bad thing either, as I've heard complaints about the ability to export passwords easily from the new system (although I have to say the password manager currently used in Gecko 1.8 is not the best thing out there. Don't have a clue about password manager options).

Hao>> That is one of the reason I 'm using Dorian's 3 years old non-XUL history plugin right now. As long as it works fine, there 's really no need to go to sqlite. However the old file slows down when the history is big.

Well, to my mind, history is something best purged every time I use the browser, which is why I use Privacy Bar, but I do keep 9 days as my default in case I do want to revisit some sites using history. Usually I just bookmark stuff in GUL that i want to keep permanently and use the default bookmark manager for interim stuff. Passwords? Another problem altogether to my mind.

N

Posted by: 4td8s
Date: July 16, 2009 06:44PM

disrupted(unlogged)

hmh, may I ask why you have IE6, disrupted? if you have an XP machine, you should have either IE7 or IE8 installed.

nice to hear K-meleonCCF ME 0.096 is out, Hao. I'll test it out ASAP

Posted by: JujuLand
Date: July 16, 2009 08:16PM

IE6 is the default XP version.

If you refuse IE7 and IE8 install, you always haver IE6

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

Posted by: 4td8s
Date: July 22, 2009 05:59PM

KmeleonCCF ME 0.096 worked okay on my XP desktop computer. I'll have to try it out on my mom's Vista laptop. KmeleonCCF ME 0.096 still does not work with FTP sites, only HTTP sites. Has Hao figured out why FTP sites like ftp.mozilla.org, ftp.netscape.com, ftp.microsoft.com, etc. can't be viewed in K-meleonCCF ME 0.09x?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2009 06:02PM by 4td8s.

Posted by: desga2
Date: July 22, 2009 10:47PM

Is possible that he lost FTP protocol in bulding proccess.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Posted by: disrupted
Date: July 22, 2009 11:18PM

the protocol is there, because in statusbar it correctly displays starting ftp transaction but then it prompts for saving the ;FOLDER;
it's weird, it cannot accept directories from ftp but if you point it toa specific file on the ftp host; it will open without problems
e,g
ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/index.html >-this it accepts

ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/ >-this it doesn't

fred's nx 1.9+ has the same problem but with different symptoms, instead of prompting to save the 'folder; it just stalls and doesn't do anuthing..again it will accept a direct file link on ftp host

Date: July 24, 2009 04:07AM

I'm thinking to add a new function into next release:

When select text and middle click the mouse, kmccf will open a new tab and do search of selected text using the default search engine.

Do you think this function is useful or necessary?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2009 04:07AM by Hao Jiang.

Posted by: foobarly
Date: July 24, 2009 11:16AM

Hao Jiang

When select text and middle click the mouse, kmccf will open a new tab and do search of selected text using the default search engine.

I find that a very welcome feature, but I have just one niggle: mid-click is OK most of the times, but in some computers the mouses make that next to impossible, so why not use select+drag anywhere as is somewhat more common? (see Firefox with QuickDrag extension, Orca, etc)

--- sig ---

Date: July 24, 2009 03:31PM

foobarly
Hao Jiang

I find that a very welcome feature, but I have just one niggle: mid-click is OK most of the times, but in some computers the mouses make that next to impossible, so why not use select+drag anywhere as is somewhat more common? (see Firefox with QuickDrag extension, Orca, etc)

select+drag anywhere is already supported in K-MeleonCCF ME

Posted by: Arrow
Date: July 24, 2009 08:49PM

Select and drag is all I would use, I wouldn't require middleclick

Thanks for new version hao I will try it out.

Re:
Date: July 25, 2009 08:21AM

K-MeleonCCF ME 0.096.....

Now THAT`S INTERESTING.....

My favorite forums
http://www.graphixanstuff.com
http://www.closeprotectionworld.co.uk/index.php?referrerid=11530

Date: July 25, 2009 04:16PM

Hao Jiang

Hao,

Cookies, it seems, can be run using Cookie Culler in SQLite or the old method. Password Manager (the old) uses I think "Wallet" and so we are still using that instead of SQLite? Personally I don't care for the integration of bookmarks, passwords, cookies and history in the Awesome Bar, but that is because I perceive that process as a privacy problem and a PITA when it comes to the address bar usage. Just my 2 cents worth on this.

N

Re: Re:
Date: July 25, 2009 05:00PM

Gorilla no baka
K-MeleonCCF ME 0.096.....

Now THAT`S INTERESTING.....

Do you have mfc71.dll in your system?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2009 03:57PM by Hao Jiang.

Date: July 27, 2009 07:22AM
Date: July 27, 2009 03:57PM

Gorilla no baka
I actually do !

Thank you!!

Currently I have no idea why it's not working for you tho...

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.