General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Tabs, SpellCheck, Macros.
Posted by: Slayer
Date: June 18, 2009 11:53PM

Hello, I'm new to K-Meleon, and I have some questions.
How can I recover closed Tabs, Is there a button, menu option, to let me choose one tab to re-open ?:s
What about the Spell Check, I'm not a native English speaker, and I need a spell correction when writing in English. Is there a plugin that can be used? I was trying to install that Aspell thingy, it never worked.sad smiley
Is there a list of available Macros updated for the last K-Meleon version?:s

My KM Version: K-Meleon 1.5.3

Thanks in advance.smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tabs, SpellCheck, Macros.
Posted by: xGrind
Date: June 19, 2009 12:11AM

File -> Undo Last Closed

Posted by: disrupted
Date: June 19, 2009 12:30AM

and also, when you right-click on a tab(undo last closed), you can also restore revious sessions from sessions menu

km spellcheck extension
http://pagesperso-orange.fr/jujuland46/JujuLand/KMES/K-Ext110_SpellCheck.exe
more extensions and macros:
http://pagesperso-orange.fr/jujuland46/JujuLand/KMES/KMES-Download.html#down_extensions
http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/ExternalApplications
http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/MacroLibrary
http://kmext.sourceforge.net

you'kk need to add dictionaries for spellchecker extension, turorial on how to use it there:
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?1,87415,87514

edit: if you have further enquiries about anything, don't hesitate to ask.. welcome to k-meleon

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2009 12:31AM by disrupted.

Date: June 19, 2009 01:46AM

Thanks for your fast replies!
I have installed the Spell Checker and it works perfectly, I'm now in the searching for dictionaries.

About recovering closed Tabs, I was referring from recover them from a list, can that be done? Are those Macros and extensions compatibles with the last version of K-Meleon? Can a macro plug-in take data from the sites visited recently?

Thanks again.

Posted by: reeko124
Date: June 19, 2009 02:31AM

Slayer
Thanks for your fast replies!
I have installed the Spell Checker and it works perfectly, I'm now in the searching for dictionaries.

About recovering closed Tabs, I was referring from recover them from a list, can that be done? Are those Macros and extensions compatibles with the last version of K-Meleon? Can a macro plug-in take data from the sites visited recently?

Thanks again.

I don't think you can recover them from a list. I know this isn't what you asked but disrupted touched on it a bit. Using the sessions feature is often overlooked. I open 4-5 tabs to these sites as an example: K-meleon,MSFN,PCMech, and Tech Support Alert. I save them as a session and name them Tech. I open my Tech Session I saved and those 4 tabs open. Totally not what you asked but may be of interest to you.

Reeko

Posted by: guenter
Date: June 19, 2009 08:41AM

For spell check other than English: Take Your dictionary e.g. es-AR (aff & dic) from Thunderbird, Firefox or Open Office or download e.g. from a Mozilla language extension page. The *.XPI they offer for download are zips that include the files, just unpack with a zip program. and drop next to English version. I uploaded as attachment to this post the Argentinian for SeaMonkey and Firefox.
They forgot to mention that K-Meleon uses the same grinning smiley

XPI installer. K-Meleon devs did not include XPI installer service because it was considered insecure. So You must do it by hand. It is easy for the dics - but can be harder for other things. This will for sure make that no user clicks away a warning by accident

strg&alt z recovers last closed page: window or tab - do it several times until You have Your window.

AFAIK You can also do it with the last session. So to open a window closed yesterday. Try for Yourself.

Greetings from Hannover DE

p.s. Always check downloads for virus. Or get from the original site.

You may already have found it. If not

If You are in a new situation try right click. It will open new menus that You have not seen before. The menus are context sensitive and offer what is possible.
Mark a text: then right click will for example open what You can do with a text passage - copy maybe translate smiling smiley

In some context del key works?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2009 09:01AM by guenter.

Attachments: diccionario_espa__ol_argentina-1.1.1-fx+tb+sm.xpi (174.4 KB)  
Date: June 19, 2009 10:34PM

Hey, The dictionary works. I was needing only the English one, but I downloaded the es-AR, just in case that I forgot how to write wellgrinning smiley SpellCheck comes with the English dic. already so everything is fine.
The Macros extensions is a little bit more complex I think. I downloaded one to see youtube without JavaScript but I don't know how to trigger its function. I copied the code to a file in my Macros folder, but then?
How do you know where I'm? Are you seeing my IP, right?
Thanks for your tips using the session feature.
Thanks to all.

Posted by: desga2
Date: June 19, 2009 11:55PM

Slayer
The Macros extensions is a little bit more complex I think. I downloaded one to see youtube without JavaScript but I don't know how to trigger its function. I copied the code to a file in my Macros folder, but then?

This extension add an option named "Open Only Video" in links right click context menu to open the Youtube video links without JavaScript.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Date: June 20, 2009 01:16AM

Slayer
How do you know where I'm? Are you seeing my IP, right?

Yes - moderators still have it.
We sometimes need it to decide whether we found spam.

Long ago we all had it. I would like to have it back. It would make help easier.
Hard & silly now: when desga2 from Spain makes English answer for es-AR questions. sad smiley

p.s. Glad that all works!

Some communities in Your area speak other languages too - so I created common info about dics.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/2009 01:30AM by guenter.

Date: June 20, 2009 02:14AM

Everything is fine, the Youtube Macro works. I don't know what I did wrong the first time, when I installed Aspell and like five Macros, the Tools (Herramientas) menu was all wrong. So I uninstalled everything and I started this thread.
My new question is, you install an EXE plug-in, it's easy, but how do you uninstall it?

Posted by: reeko124
Date: June 20, 2009 02:40AM

Slayer
Everything is fine, the Youtube Macro works. I don't know what I did wrong the first time, when I installed Aspell and like five Macros, the Tools (Herramientas) menu was all wrong. So I uninstalled everything and I started this thread.
My new question is, you install an EXE plug-in, it's easy, but how do you uninstall it?

I don't know either. I just pay attention to what it shows it will install. At least the ones I have installed show it in a roundabout way.

Reeko

Date: June 20, 2009 03:13AM

Sorry, but I need some help with this
http://kmext.sourceforge.net/files/flashswitch.7
It's installed, but where the menu is it ?
In the Code says
setmenu("_Config_General",popup,"Flash Switcher",5);
I can't find that menu.
Thanks again.

Posted by: disrupted
Date: June 20, 2009 09:32AM

edit>configuration>flash switcher

i don't know what it will be in different locales maybe editos>configuracion>flash switcher

also if you hover on an extension that has a menu in km; it will reveal it in a tooltip

Date: June 20, 2009 10:26AM

Best slayer changes surface to English during explanations.
All can easily go to English ( surface changes fast to other language when You set it in Prefernces ).

I do not know about uninstall exe. I only deactivate the macro that belongs to extension. Else I delete it. I completely delete unused extensions that have chrome jars - because that makes things slower even when it is not used.

AFAIK the installer service does no writting into Windows registry so it is ok to delete. For chrome items I am sure that deleting jar and manifest is ok.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/2009 10:27AM by guenter.

Posted by: desga2
Date: June 20, 2009 10:52AM

Slayer

Aspell extension not work fine to 1.5.x versions, SpellChecker is better.
After installed any extension or macro you must restart K-Meleon to changes take efect.

Macros in K-Meleon Wiki have a link at the bottom of code "Comments & Questions" to his thread in forum with more info about the macro.

Exe plugins/extensions are made with NSIS, this exe files can be opened like a zip file with 7zip tool. For unistall it search the files from exe in your K-Meleon folder (usually in same folder than in exe). If this extension modified some K-Meleon file, like mifest in chrome folder, you must edit the file to delete extension/plugin references.
JujuLand is working in implement unistall option to K-Meleon Extensions.

If you have some problem about uninstall some extension ask in forum.
guenter
I only deactivate the macro that belongs to extension.
To do this go to Preferences (F2) -> K-Meleon Plugins -> Macro Extensions

K-Meleon in Spanish

Date: June 20, 2009 03:34PM

Hello and thanks to all.
The flash switcher works! I think that it was the Loader, I didn't closed it.tongue sticking out smiley

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.