General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Moving K-Meleon From One Drive To Another
Posted by: markxxx
Date: May 13, 2009 09:46PM

OK I just put in a new hard drive (for more space) on my computer. Now I have two physically sepearte hard drive. My "C" drive has K-Meleon 1.5.0.

Since there is a new version, I wanted to put that K-Meleon 1.5.2 on my new hard drive. My new hard drive is called "J"

So I do I move this. Should I uninstall K-Meleon 1.5.0 from my C-Drive and install K-Meleon 1.5.2 on the J-Drive. This sounds like it'd be the simplest option. However what do I need to copy so I can save my book marks and how I have K-Meleon Set up?

Thank you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Moving K-Meleon From One Drive To Another
Posted by: reeko124
Date: May 13, 2009 10:27PM

Well I had one installed and moved it to another partition and it worked. I just copied it over. I did have the profile in my actual KM folder though so thats why it worked for me.

Posted by: guenter
Date: May 14, 2009 12:02AM

markxxx
OK I just put in a new hard drive (for more space) on my computer. Now I have two physically sepearte hard drive. My "C" drive has K-Meleon 1.5.0.

Since there is a new version, I wanted to put that K-Meleon 1.5.2 on my new hard drive. My new hard drive is called "J"

So I do I move this. Should I uninstall K-Meleon 1.5.0 from my C-Drive and install K-Meleon 1.5.2 on the J-Drive. This sounds like it'd be the simplest option. However what do I need to copy so I can save my book marks and how I have K-Meleon Set up?

Thank you.

Both are the same major version and can use each others Profiles.
If You have 1.5.0's Profiles folder in default position 1.5.3 (!) will find it automatically if not You can proceed as suggested before.

K-Meleon has an old (in his install folder) and a new (%apdata%/k-Meleon...) default profiles location. As long as a new installed K-Meleon has not been started You can even copy old Profiles around. You can recreate this virgin by deletin unwanted Profiles. Using the old Profiles default location needs as profile.ini in K-Meleon root. That is generated by deselcting multi user support on install or creating it with an editor (it can be empty). This old setup can be used as portable on USB.

Hope I have not forgotten too much going to bed.

Posted by: markxxx
Date: May 14, 2009 04:30AM

Thanks that seemed to work fine

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.