General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
IE 8 and K-Meleon 1.5.2
Posted by: roger
Date: May 08, 2009 01:27PM

Since I upgraded from IE 7 to IE 8, K-Meleon 1.5.2 runs noticeably faster on my laptop computer. I use IE for Microsoft Updates but why would K-Meleon run faster? Just a coincidence?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: IE 8 and K-Meleon 1.5.2
Posted by: desga2
Date: May 08, 2009 06:40PM

K-Meleon haven't no relation with IE, but is possible that when you updated to IE8 this updated some Windows dll and now your Windows work better and due to this K-Meleon work better.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Posted by: caktus
Date: May 08, 2009 06:56PM

desga2
K-Meleon haven't no relation with IE, but is possible that when you updated to IE8 this updated some Windows dll and now your Windows work better and due to this K-Meleon work better.

If it was MS file updates that increased KM's performance I wonder it IE 6 could use these new files.

Charlie

~~If it ain't broke, why screw it up?~~

Posted by: reeko124
Date: May 08, 2009 08:18PM

I read that 61% of businesses still use IE6. They don't want to update or switch to FF for fear less work would be done. I have win2k I have no choice. Like i said in another thread I cover up the crap pretty good with maxthon grinning smiley

Posted by: cork1958
Date: May 10, 2009 09:34AM

Cool!!

It's not my imagination then!! I updated all 6 of my machines a couple days ago to IE8 and EVERYONE of them is noticably faster. That new Trident engine that IE uses along with some new dll's or something, did something definitely. Even this old, crappy Gateway 1.4ghz, 384mb's memory, XP Home, is faster, and I HATE this computer!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2009 10:09AM by cork1958.

Posted by: kedar bapat
Date: December 25, 2010 02:13PM

dear friend i think k- melion isfaster than ie8 its double the speed than ie8 but there is somthing missing like auto update browser or update key at help
its my thinking

Posted by: kedar bapat
Date: December 25, 2010 02:19PM

friend dont be afraid pleause use windows some techniques to fast & stable verson. self comfidence is better than others .read books for configerations .registry settings and serch for updates

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.