UNOFFICIAL UPDATE for K-Meleon to Gecko 1.8.1.21 RELOADED
Posted by: desga2
Date: April 13, 2009 05:04PM

UNOFFICIAL UPDATE for K-Meleon (All versions) to Gecko 1.8.1.21, based in Seamonkey 1.1.16. (Build dated: 20090403)

This new update detect K-Meleon instances and version to updated and if embed_lite.dll file exist in components folder (1.1.x and previus versions) it's renamed to embed_lite.bak to avoid download problems and errors at exit.

The new Detector Version page in installer is only for test propourses, installation for all versions is the same. Please if you found problems or errors in Detector Version page report it here, thanks.

I'm updating NSIS installer scripts to last version 2.44 with the new MUI 2.0 and his new nsDialogs. (I'm working for futures updates, extension, and my skins installer script used by guenter)

Download link: kmeleon-gecko18121-update.zip

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/13/2009 05:37PM by desga2.

Re: UNOFFICIAL UPDATE for K-Meleon to Gecko 1.8.1.21 RELOADED
Posted by: ndebord
Date: April 13, 2009 09:39PM

desga2
UNOFFICIAL UPDATE for K-Meleon (All versions) to Gecko 1.8.1.21, based in Seamonkey 1.1.16. (Build dated: 20090403)

This new update detect K-Meleon instances and version to updated and if embed_lite.dll file exist in components folder (1.1.x and previus versions) it's renamed to embed_lite.bak to avoid download problems and errors at exit.

The new Detector Version page in installer is only for test propourses, installation for all versions is the same. Please if you found problems or errors in Detector Version page report it here, thanks.

desga2,

I've been meaning to say this before, but after this. WOW. What a nice installation routine. Very much appreciated. (used for KM 1.02. and KM 1.5.2)

N

Date: April 14, 2009 12:31AM

Thanks ndebord.

I tested the bug and is fixed for K-Meleon 1.5.2 (here not have more versions to test it but I think that is solved for all KM versions) with this update (based in Seamonkey 1.1.16).
No XSLT crash.

Note: My before update based in Seamonkey 1.1.15 is vulnerable to his XSLT bug and cause browser crash and the posibility to run malicious code.
Please update your browsers for more security.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/14/2009 12:35AM by desga2.

Date: April 14, 2009 04:01PM

desga2
Thanks ndebord.

I tested the bug and is fixed for K-Meleon 1.5.2 (here not have more versions to test it but I think that is solved for all KM versions) with this update (based in Seamonkey 1.1.16).
No XSLT crash.

Note: My before update based in Seamonkey 1.1.15 is vulnerable to his XSLT bug and cause browser crash and the posibility to run malicious code.

desga2,

Thanks... I have loaded up this update for both KM 1.0.2 and KM 1.5.2... don't run any of the KM 1.1.xxx versions.

Have you gotten together with the other developers? I ask because I think this particular install routine is the most elegant of the bunch. It seems to my mind, that KM has reached critical mass in terms of its installers for the browser, updates and for addons (like Alain's macro installers). A very nice development that came to fruition in the last year or so.

<VBG>

N

Posted by: Matt
Date: April 14, 2009 05:32PM

Thanks for the update, desga2. It works ok so far.

desga2

Mayby it's time to release an official update?

Date: April 14, 2009 05:32PM

The installer code is based on Installer v4.33p6 by Brielle Bruns (She used it in olds GRE updates), Extension Setup 1.9 and the original K-Meleon installer 1.3.x by Alain. (Thanks to each of them)
You can found the base of my code in this tutorial that I made for GRE updates.
I released all code when I finished it, now I'm optimizing it. I can save about 4 KB of size in installer if I implement in code the functions instead to add the default libraries with it. But code will be a little less understandable for human not used to the script NSIS.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Date: April 14, 2009 05:40PM

Matt
Mayby it's time to release an official update?

Really I think not need official update (the unofficial update work fine tongue sticking out smiley) because new K-Meleon version 1.5.3 will be released very soon, possibly this month or next. (I think Dorian is waiting to Gecko 1.8.1.22 will be released)

K-Meleon in Spanish

Posted by: xGrind
Date: April 14, 2009 05:47PM

desga2,
you translated the K-Meleon to Spanish?

Posted by: Matt
Date: April 14, 2009 06:12PM

Is K-M 1.5.2 vulnerable to Seamonkey's 1.1.15 XSLT bug or not? If it's not then an update is not necessary, but otherwise... I think not every K-Meleon user visits this forum regularly, so only for that reason I asked this question in my previous post :cool:.
Between a nightly Seamonkey version and its release there are usually couple (2-3) weeks. Since Mozilla doesn't support Firefox 2 we have to wait a little bit longer for the next 1.8 Gecko versions sad smiley.

@ xGrind

http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/ReleaseNotes15Spanish

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/14/2009 06:13PM by Matt.

Date: April 14, 2009 07:02PM

xGrind
desga2,
you translated the K-Meleon to Spanish?

Yes, I did since 0.7 version to the last 1.5.x (with the Enaitz help).

Matt
Is K-M 1.5.2 vulnerable to Seamonkey's 1.1.15 XSLT bug or not?

Yes it's.

Matt
I think not every K-Meleon user visits this forum regularly ...

Then I think this users are wrong because K-Meleon is a comunity browser and stay connected to the community is important. Everyone should visit this forum at least once a week.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/14/2009 07:04PM by desga2.

Posted by: foobarly
Date: April 14, 2009 09:27PM

desga2
[...] K-Meleon is a comunity browser and stay connected to the community is important. Everyone should visit this forum at least once a week.

I agree! grinning smiley

Date: April 15, 2009 12:32AM

Desga2,

Browsing/Finding Websites/WebSearch

Add engine seems to be broken. All I see there when I click on Add Entry is Remove this entry... none of the other engines come up as it did in previous versions of KM 1.5.2???

Anybody else able to replicate this?

N

Date: April 15, 2009 01:07AM

Works fine for me, I can show all search engines in drop list.
Check your file search.xml in your K-Meleon profile or restore it from a backup.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Date: April 15, 2009 03:22AM

desga2
Works fine for me, I can show all search engines in drop list.
Check your file search.xml in your K-Meleon profile or restore it from a backup.

desga2,

Don't have a backup, but did find my search.xml. How do I open it to find out if it has the search engines or is corrupted. I remember from the older KM that it was a search.cfg file that you found with Edit/Configuration.

Tks

N

Date: April 15, 2009 03:58AM

XML is a text file with tags format (similar to HTML). You can open/edit it with the notepad or others text editors.
Example of search engine in search.xml file:
<engine caption="Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia"
	url="http: //en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Specialconfused smileyearch/"/>

(With out the space between "http:" and "//")

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2009 03:59AM by desga2.

Date: April 15, 2009 04:36AM

desga2,

OK, then have a problem. THe file is there and seems complete, but I add search engines to the drop down dialogue list. I must have done something wrong when I updated.

N

Posted by: Luys
Date: April 15, 2009 09:26AM

Muchas gracias una vez más por los esfuerzos que te tomas para ayudarnos a todos, Desga2.
Saludos.
L.

Thank you very much again for the efforts you take to help us all, Desga2. Greetings.
L.

Date: April 15, 2009 05:13PM

@ Luys:
De nada.

ndebord
OK, then have a problem. The file is there and seems complete, but I add search engines to the drop down dialogue list. I must have done something wrong when I updated.

I don't think your problem is generated by my update. Gecko update isn't related with Preferences panel or Search engines.
I think you have a corrupted profile problem, please try with a new profile.

Someone had similar problem with Preferences panel to fixed Flashblock problem.
Check that you downloaded the right file embed.jar from my web server to fix Flashblock problem.
(Others downloads by others authors for this file seems to be corrupted)

Or restore embed.jar file from original package and apply Dorian's Flashblock fixed.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2009 05:19PM by desga2.

Date: April 15, 2009 06:01PM

desga2
@ Luys:
De nada.

ndebord
OK, then have a problem. The file is there and seems complete, but I add search engines to the drop down dialogue list. I must have done something wrong when I updated.

I don't think your problem is generated by my update. Gecko update isn't related with Preferences panel or Search engines.
I think you have a corrupted profile problem, please try with a new profile.

Someone had similar problem with Preferences panel to fixed Flashblock problem.
Check that you downloaded the right file embed.jar from my web server to fix Flashblock problem.
(Others downloads by others authors for this file seems to be corrupted)

Or restore embed.jar file from original package and apply Dorian's Flashblock fixed.

OK, but I installed your previous SM 1.1.5 update and it worked. I then installed your SM 1.1.6 update and got an error message and KM closed.

N

Date: April 15, 2009 06:36PM

@ ndebord:
This is very strange, both updates contains the same files (but different version).

Can you post some screen capture of your problem and error message?

Check if you have embed_lite.dll file in components folder or this file is deleted or renamed to .bak extension.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2009 06:39PM by desga2.

Date: April 15, 2009 08:03PM

Don't have a website to upload an image for url redirection.

BUT, I have managed to get it to work by reinstalling KM 1.5.2 from the original, then ran your update over top of it. I am in the process of manually copying over everything I need and expect no further problems. WHY it failed in the peculiar manner it did is a puzzle.

N

Posted by: xGrind
Date: April 15, 2009 08:20PM
K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.