Pages: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: 【Download】K-MeleonCCF ME 0.09 Final
Posted by: Hao Jiang
Date: February 06, 2009 04:22AM

guenter
Try kmeleon2 (kmeleon too!) - instead of CCF

Project will host fine smiling smiley

SF even hosted Hardy's k-m clone, that broke K-M license.

Why should not You be able to host a K-Meleon with an alternative Macro language? :s

p.s. else only CCF - only PPL that know K-M will know. tongue sticking out smiley

Thanks. K-MeleonCCF ME as the name should be fine...

K-Meleon2 as the name I think won't suitable for this project and might confuse users a lot...

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: February 06, 2009 03:33PM
Posted by: Terry
Date: February 06, 2009 07:40PM

The new download (through source forge) gives a windows warning box message that the application failed to initialize properly and then gives a number 0xc0000142.

Date: February 06, 2009 07:48PM

Terry
The new download (through source forge) gives a windows warning box message that the application failed to initialize properly and then gives a number 0xc0000142.

Check your system has these dll files:

mfc80U.dll
mfc80enu.dll
msvcp71.dll
msvcr71.dll
msvcp80.dll
msvcr80.dll

Posted by: guenter
Date: February 06, 2009 09:49PM

AFAIK these files also come with free environments:
Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit 2003 & Microsoft Visual Studio 8.

Maybe make use of section 2, 2.2, 3.. of the Eula.
By this license MS IMHO indirectly sponsors freeware projects smiling smiley

Date: February 06, 2009 10:07PM

Have all of those files Hao and even put them into the directory where k-meleon.exe is, but it gives me the same error.

Date: February 06, 2009 10:18PM

Terry
Have all of those files Hao and even put them into the directory where k-meleon.exe is, but it gives me the same error.

Me too - also with the original download - uploaded by Dorian.

Date: February 07, 2009 01:40AM

Hao Jiang

One quick question....

Are you a programer??

Posted by: Jonathan
Date: February 07, 2009 06:59AM

Hao Jiang
Terry

Check your system has these dll files:

mfc80U.dll
mfc80enu.dll
msvcp71.dll
msvcr71.dll
msvcp80.dll
msvcr80.dll

I didn't have to put those dll files. The following files already existed from the extraction: mfc80u.dll, msvcp80.dll, and msvcr80.dll.

I got the same error message and all I had to do was removing the manifest file and it worked.

Posted by: disrupted
Date: February 07, 2009 07:11AM

Jonathan
I got the same error message and all I had to do was removing the manifest file and it worked.

thank you!!!

Posted by: Mala Okeh
Date: February 07, 2009 03:49PM

Can anyone help me? In this version the videos on www.megavideo.com won't play although flash plugin is installed.

Thx a loàt in advance,

Mala Okeh

Date: February 07, 2009 04:13PM

Jonathan
and all I had to do was removing the manifest file and it worked.

Thx for tip.

BTW. IMHO it is not political correct for the exe to do so .

2005 redistibutable package by MS

p.s. I had problems with 2005 installer. "Cannot find MSI"?

Solution: unpack vcredistr.exe into a fresh folder first, rename folder to exact name of package because You can just as well update to SP1, and install localization if it exists (need separtate folders and names, some twit passed out ONE generic default name), then do "unpack here", then start *.msi. Done with 7zip from SF.

Date: February 07, 2009 04:21PM

Removing the manifest file does allow it to run (which was the reason I was able to get it to run the first time). However, this causes the favicons to blacken. The difference between this implementation of .91 and the earliest one I downloaded is that I am not now receiving a message that it has crashed. Yet there is something happening when you close the browser.

What I observe is that it seems to rewrite the bookmarks.html and leaves out something of its parsing (like the My Personal Toolbar - which Hao might be using for his speeddial aspect). Most certainly the values in the bookmarks.html are out of sync with the Iconcache.dat on startup, if you move these files to .91 from .90 all data in the IconCache.dat will be erased. If, for example, you have subdirectories in your My Personal Toolbar they will appear if you have used a bookmarks.html from .90, but the minute you shutdown the browser and reopen it, the subdirectories will lose their names and the word (none) appears next to the icon that designates where they are on the My Personal Toolbar. This happens repeatedly. I am sure that this is what is symptomatic of why the K-meleon.manifest file is not in sync with the program and causes the error it does. It is the same .manifest file as used in .90.

Posted by: Mala Okeh
Date: February 07, 2009 04:27PM

Other videos that won't play (first in history of k-meleon) - iI cannot explain. Is there a remedy.

e.g.
http://www.studioaperto.mediaset.it/

Thx,

Mala Okeh

Posted by: desga2
Date: February 07, 2009 05:43PM

I can play videos from www.megavideo.com in K-Meleon 1.5.x without problems.
But I can't play videos from www.studioaperto.mediaset.it in K-Meleon 1.5.x
(I think that this needed a different plugin or web is bad build)

K-Meleon in Spanish

Date: February 07, 2009 08:14PM

Gorilla no baka
Hao Jiang

One quick question....

Are you a programer??

Well smiling smiley It really depends on what your 'programmer' definition is. If you mean whether I could read/write in C++ and compile programs, I could... But if you mean whether I could be as good as Dorian, I would never be smiling smiley

Date: February 07, 2009 08:17PM

Copy the bookmarks.dll from Dorian's most recent 1.5 build (found in the kplugins - its about 92k) and overwrite the bookmarks.dll that comes in Hao's install in the kplugins directory. This, at least makes it work with the bookmarks.html file properly. (At least, so far.)

Date: February 07, 2009 11:35PM

I got this error running kmeleon-ccfme .091 for the first time on another computer:

"This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect."

The older version "final" works without problem.

Date: February 07, 2009 11:40PM

Hao Jiang
Gorilla no baka
Hao Jiang

One quick question....

Are you a programer??

Well smiling smiley It really depends on what your 'programmer' definition is. If you mean whether I could read/write in C++ and compile programs, I could... But if you mean whether I could be as good as Dorian, I would never be smiling smiley

That Should do...Anyway your better than me..(I am still learning C++)

Listen looks like i would need you help..Yours and Dorian's..\

Now
Here`s a piece of the seamonkey`s network protocol C++ code. ...where we can see that there`s actually a 8 request limit on the pipeline protocol..

My question was :Is it posibile to modify that limit, say... to put it to 50 or something and than recompile the code and insert it into that K-melon`s main body....and if we do what would happen?? I mean i know that The pipeline protocol it is not well supported yet by all of the webservers ..But than again those web servers that nowadays can not support pipeline protocol are so little and IF INDEED THAT SERVER CAN NOT SUPORT pipelineing protocol ,well it does not worth to be wisited anyway...Bassically i was thinking if it is possibile to modify only that part that contains the network protocol and than to integrate it in the K-meleon..

I had a look at it the other night and seems to be perfectly possibile to ,me..

Point is I have never compiled a browser before and there are so many things that could go wrogn..

Thank you

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
111 // hard upper limit on the number of requests that can be pipelined
112 #define NS_HTTP_MAX_PIPELINED_REQUESTS 8
114 #define NS_HTTP_DEFAULT_PORT 80
115 #define NS_HTTPS_DEFAULT_PORT 443
117 #define NS_HTTP_HEADER_SEPS ", \t"

SOURCE:

[/url]http://mxr.mozilla.org/seamonkey/source/netwerk/protocol/http/src/nsHttp.h

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2009 11:42PM by Gorilla no baka.

Posted by: Andri
Date: February 08, 2009 01:50PM

0.9 final works fine, 0.91 doesn't start even if I delete manifest file. I'll stay with final for now. Could you please post somewhere else the setdefault.zip file? I'd like to make kmeleon ccf default, but the link is broken. thanks for your work.

P.S it would be useful to have a whitelist also for flashblock

Date: February 08, 2009 04:24PM

AFAIK any setdefault.exe will do, it reacts to the presence of the exe = K-meleon in the folder where it is started.

Posted by: Andri
Date: February 08, 2009 05:36PM

I've tried with setdefault.exe from k-meleon 1.5.2, it seems to work, but I get an error if I start kmeleon ccf from the quick start icon or XP menu: nil value in line2, file onSync.lua. So I guess it's either a bug or I need a custom setdefault...

Posted by: desga2
Date: February 08, 2009 08:18PM

Andri
I've tried with setdefault.exe from k-meleon 1.5.2, it seems to work, but I get an error if I start kmeleon ccf from the quick start icon or XP menu: nil value in line2, file onSync.lua. So I guess it's either a bug or I need a custom setdefault...

This problem isn't setdefault.exe, onSync.lua file is a K-MeleonCCF lua file with a null value in line 2.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Date: February 09, 2009 03:19PM

Gorilla no baka
Hao Jiang
Gorilla no baka
Hao Jiang

One quick question....

Are you a programer??

That Should do...Anyway your better than me..(I am still learning C++)

Listen looks like i would need you help..Yours and Dorian's..\

Now
Here`s a piece of the seamonkey`s network protocol C++ code. ...where we can see that there`s actually a 8 request limit on the pipeline protocol..

My question was :Is it posibile to modify that limit, say... to put it to 50 or something and than recompile the code and insert it into that K-melon`s main body....and if we do what would happen?? I mean i know that The pipeline protocol it is not well supported yet by all of the webservers ..But than again those web servers that nowadays can not support pipeline protocol are so little and IF INDEED THAT SERVER CAN NOT SUPORT pipelineing protocol ,well it does not worth to be wisited anyway...Bassically i was thinking if it is possibile to modify only that part that contains the network protocol and than to integrate it in the K-meleon..

I had a look at it the other night and seems to be perfectly possibile to ,me..

Point is I have never compiled a browser before and there are so many things that could go wrogn..

Thank you

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
111 // hard upper limit on the number of requests that can be pipelined
112 #define NS_HTTP_MAX_PIPELINED_REQUESTS 8
114 #define NS_HTTP_DEFAULT_PORT 80
115 #define NS_HTTPS_DEFAULT_PORT 443
117 #define NS_HTTP_HEADER_SEPS ", \t"

SOURCE:

[/url]http://mxr.mozilla.org/seamonkey/source/netwerk/protocol/http/src/nsHttp.h

So are you able to build Seamonkey? If you could, you can try to change:

#define NS_HTTP_MAX_PIPELINED_REQUESTS 8

accordingly and recompile the source. K-Meleon.exe should be able to run with the newly built dlls also.

Date: February 09, 2009 04:54PM

desga2
Andri

This problem isn't setdefault.exe, onSync.lua file is a K-MeleonCCF lua file with a null value in line 2.

Yes. This is a problem with lua plugin for a quite long time... I 'll see whether it could be fixed.

Date: February 09, 2009 07:03PM

Updated the main exe file with static MFC build should fix the startup problem tho...

Posted by: playdayz
Date: February 10, 2009 03:39AM

Yes, the version I just downloaded did not have the startup problem. The earlier version did have the problem. thanks, it's like driving a good sports car Hao

add: I just had a problem. Options -> Adblock Options gave a luamacro error about a missing file. I couldn't copy it. If you cannot reproduce I will write down the error.

http://www.weather.com/weather/map/interactive/65802?from=36hr_maps&zoom=8&interactiveMapLayer=radar

At this url, flashblock works to block the flash, but after clicking it still doesn't play.

See, it's still like driving a good sports car, an old English sports car ;-)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2009 03:54AM by playdayz.

Date: February 12, 2009 07:05PM

0.091V2 updated.

Date: February 12, 2009 10:57PM

Hi Hao,

Thank you so much for all your hardwork. The latest version 0.091V2 works much better within www.jpost.com.

Here are a few small problems that I encountered within jpost website:

1. With Javascripts enabled:
The backward and forward navigation buttons would crash only when clicking too fast while the pages are still loading. kmeleonccfme would not crash if the pages finish loading/rendering.

2. With Javascripts disabled:
Clicking on the backward and forward navigation buttons would crash kmeleonccfme immediately.

3. The loading/rendering pages within jpost website take 5 times longer than kmeleon 1.5.2 even when Javascripts disabled in kmeleonccfme.

Date: February 12, 2009 11:35PM

Hao, I really appreciate all the work you put into your builds. The earlier series leading to .90 were excellent. But, these last ones have not been as good.

In version 2 while the bookmarks are working better, the iconcache seems to be out of sync for some reason. Not a big thing, but a nuisance nontheless. Actually, you never know when it will erase them again or not.

None of the password saving prompts are working. It does not retain your passwords nor insert them automatically when you return to a page requiring a password. Many of the files that one expects to find in the profile are missing after you start the browser. I can only presume that these components were left out when you compiled the program.

I do not find it very snappy. While your first version was having problems with bookmarks, it was fast in rendering the pages. This version seems to have difficulty rendering a page especially with pictures.

I have twice erased the program and started over again installing it. Consistently, it has shown problems. When it gives me the error on closing that something has gone amiss and do I want to send this to Microsoft, I erase it and try again.

This version really has too many annoyances to keep trying to use it.

Pages: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.