General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Set K-Meleon as default browser in Vista
Posted by: Spike
Date: December 06, 2008 03:15PM

Fisrt of all I allready tried 2 things:

1)This reg file -> Set K-Meleon as default in Vista

2)Reading the FAQ, but the instructions there are for XP, cause there is no File Type bar in Folder Options... in Vista.
I tried going to Control Panel -> default Programs -> Associate File Type or Protocol with a Program, but when going to protocols FTP,HTTP and HTTPS only choices there, are firefox and IE, you can't even browse to another programm, there is no option!

Thanx in advance smiling smiley

edit://I don't get it actually, the reg file gives all the good info! K-Meleon should at least appear in Default Programs

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2008 03:39PM by Spike.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Set K-Meleon as default browser in Vista
Posted by: desga2
Date: December 06, 2008 03:58PM
Re: Set K-Meleon as default browser in Vista
Posted by: Spike
Date: December 06, 2008 04:00PM

A ha my green friends! I managed!
The reg file is Ok, but you still need sth to do.

After you Merge the reg file, you have to go to Start -> Control Panel -> Default Programs -> Set program access and computer defaults -> Custom and choose from there K-Meleon as default web browser!

Now you have to go to Start -> Control Panel -> Default Programs -> Set your default programs.
You'll find out that NOW K-Meleon is listed, but it still has NONE of its defaults.
So you set it as default program and voila, K-Meleon is your default browser!

I don't know if this was some kind of "glitch" only for my system, but I hope the thread will help someone in the future smiling smiley

Mike

edit://Thanx desga2! I now see the solution in the third link, but we posted at the same time tongue sticking out smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2008 04:06PM by Spike.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.