General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
About Newsfox
Posted by: Mec94
Date: November 23, 2008 10:33AM

I use NewsFox for RSS. I have a problem.

When I am on a K-meleon web page I can use, when I do a right click on the page, the choise in French "Envoyer l'addredse de la Page" (Send the page adress) and that works well.

In NewsFox I can do it, but that does ntohing.

Any Suggestion.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: About Newsfox
Posted by: desga2
Date: November 23, 2008 10:50AM

What is your K-Meleon version, your Windows version, your NewsFox version and your Mail client?

K-Meleon in Spanish

Date: November 23, 2008 10:54AM

K-meleon 1.5 portable
Windows XP Home Sp3
NewsFox 1.0.4.2
outlook express 6.0

Posted by: kko
Date: November 23, 2008 12:35PM

What "page" do you want to send actually?

Date: November 23, 2008 04:28PM

The page in NewsFox (evryone).

Posted by: misterp
Date: November 23, 2008 04:30PM

If you're using text view, click on the envelope icon in the header for the same result.

I'm not sure why none of the browsers will send the link, but my guess is that it has to do with JavaScript not being allowed in the frame.

Posted by: kko
Date: November 23, 2008 08:17PM

When you are using Display Style "Web Page", you can just click into the page and choose Frame > "Send Frame As Link..."

When you are using Display Style "Text", you should be able to click the link in the page's head and choose "Send Link URL...". That does currently nothing, indeed. This might be a bug in our macro or a consequence of the NewsFox design. I'll look into it...

Posted by: misterp
Date: November 23, 2008 09:17PM

kko
When you are using Display Style "Text", you should be able to click the link in the page's head and choose "Send Link URL...". That does currently nothing, indeed. This might be a bug in our macro or a consequence of the NewsFox design. I'll look into it...

But this is only of academic interest(to the end user, devs might care...) since you can send the link with the mail(envelope) icon in the header box of the frame.

But, academically: link properties I have remaining in my context menu(open elsewhere, save link target as, copy link url) work, but "Link properties" does not.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/23/2008 09:48PM by misterp.

Date: November 24, 2008 08:47AM

When I use Display Style "Web Page", that doesn't work.

When I use Display Style "Text", that's ok.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.