General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
bad problem{please help}
Posted by: mrbig
Date: November 16, 2008 11:08PM

I have ran into a bad problem every website i go to the browser hangs as soon as i click a link except this one i have never in countered this problem before i have done nothing new to my machine ,but i have noticed a big decease in my surfing speed i ran adaware and a virus scan its clean ive check process manager nothing new is running or different i go by my copy of what is running in the past nothing new is running any different ,i donot have a clue what could have went bad i guess ill remove it and start over again.has anyone had this happen to them,,it just hung up then and i waited and it got its balls back .

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2008 11:10PM by mrbig.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: bad problem{please help}
Posted by: desga2
Date: November 17, 2008 12:03PM

Your problem is with all web pages except with K-Meleon page, this is very strange.
Are you tried if you have this problem with others browsers like Firefox, IE, ...?

K-Meleon in Spanish

Posted by: caktus
Date: November 17, 2008 04:16PM

@ mrbig

As desga2 mentioned, that is very strange.:s Perhaps the other cached pages have some how become corrupt. Perhaps clearing the cache's (Edit > Preferences > Cache > click on both "Clear" buttons,) will be helpful.

Charlie

~~If it ain't broke, why screw it up?~~

Date: November 18, 2008 04:11PM

Hello its doing it with this page and all pages i just keep coming back if i click a link in a page it freezes completely and a box will come up stateing program not responding {end now ] report problem yes or no some bullshit like that ive tried everything as far as i can think of i have downloaded it twice and same thing im going back to 1.5 ive gotten tired of fooling with it.im using the world browser while im surfing.

Posted by: disrupted
Date: November 18, 2008 04:54PM

this is either a corrupted profile or incompatible remnant kmeleon files from previous versions.

first delete existing profile(backup your bookmarks.html first), create a new profile and check if everything is working normally...

..if not, do a clean install: uninstall kmeleon and delete all kmeleon files manually if you have to, install kmeleon 1.5.1 in a new folder.

Posted by: desga2
Date: November 18, 2008 05:10PM

Are you tried with a new profile? Profile can be corrupted.
Are you tried to reinstall K-Meleon 1.5.X? This can be caused by some corrupted file.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Date: November 22, 2008 03:00AM

I do believe i fixed her once again i ran another spyware scan with a different program and found a browser hijacker it was trying to hijack the browser it is any website were if you click on a certain links it starts a popup session saying your computor has a virus and other bull crap, this is it right here so everyone beware of this
Name: microantivirus2009.com
Address: 91.208.0.223
Aliases: scanner.microantivirus2009.com

im very sorry i didnt find it sooner and i wouldnt had to brother you all with it it slipped past Ad-Aware i thank you all for your help {about buster} found it i onlt thought it got rid of coolwebsearch and Home Search Assistant but it found it and wow im cooking with gas again,,,,,,,,,,, had me worried .......

Posted by: disrupted(unlogged)
Date: November 22, 2008 04:51AM

pvrantivirus.com is one of their domains.. in case anyone thinks i'm promoting it, DON'T download anything from there.

and big, get yourself a copy of trust-no-exe http://www.beyondlogic.org/solutions/trust-no-exe/trust-no-exe.htm

Posted by: petrus
Date: November 22, 2008 08:26AM

If anyone gets this infection, here is a great page that tells you how to get rid of it. I have successfully removed this on two machines that I have worked on. Here is the link

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/malware-removal/remove-micro-antivirus-2009

There are several variants of this and are listed on the page.

Posted by: disrupted(unlogged)
Date: November 22, 2008 10:30AM

that is indeed a great link petrus.. thank you.

Date: November 24, 2008 01:53AM

Hello hello to my favorite gang i sure needed that trustnoexe many moons ago and i thank you for giving me that link i kinda had a bit of fun finding my problem.let me tell you some of these websites are just full of stuff to rip your machine to peices i cant see why anyone would put some of this crap out there to do such meanness to people i could never do something so harsh.

Posted by: disrupted
Date: November 24, 2008 08:04AM

money!

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.