I have uploaded to Rapidshare a variation K-Meleon18117forCD-kiosk.
- This is a modified 1.x version, based on Mozilla 188.8.131.52 ,
Gecko date 20080829, that can be burned to CD,
to be used from a CD drive, or from any other drive.
- Nothing will be written on a computer, that you use,
where you have no writing rights, and only reading access is allowed.
- The kiosk version has Fullscreen only, with no toolbars .
Menus only in the right click menu.
Saving and opening of files can be restricted in menus.cfg and accel.cfg.
- Unzip the file and burn it on a CD.
- Note that the files msvcp71.dll and msvcr71.dll must be in the windows system
or else in your K-Meleon main folder. If you need them, look for them in the internet.
- No history view and no bookmarks saving possible, because of
read only functions.
Reload the page after changing.
- The menu is in the button Preferences (right click), or in the
shortcut Alt + X.
- To reach an existing bookmarks file on a floppy
or elsewhere, or a start page somewhere on the computer
or the web, enter the path to them in Tools/Hotkeys,
to reach them as a web file using a shortcut
Ctrl + number 1 to 0.
- For easy keyboard navigation, use :
Ctrl(right)+arrow left for going back one page.
Ctrl(right)+arrow right for going forward one page.
Ctrl(right)+arrow down for closing a window.
- Background and font have been set to navy/white for all pages by default.
If you want the original page colors, set the pref
in both files named prefs.js in the main folder as well as in in the defaults folder to
before you burn the cd.
To have flash available, you can put the flash plugin NPSWF32.dll into the
folder plugins before you burn the cd.
- This version uses a no-xul chrome, which makes it fast, but does not allow xul-based extensions.
Download as a zip file, here:
or as a tarball for Linux with wine , here :
Regards to all