General discussion about K-Meleon 
Pages: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: 【Download】 K-MeleonCCF ME 0.09 RC0
Posted by: Hao Jiang
Date: December 10, 2008 08:56PM

Shadrach
Hao,

Thanks for your K-Meleon build! I've been running into a problem though when trying to use it on a portable flash drive between computers. For example, when I try to run it from drive H after running it on drive F I receive this error:

H:\K-MeleonCCFME0.09RC0\pref\macros.lua:10: module 'autoload' not found:
no field package.preload['autoload']
no file 'F:\K-MeleonCCFME0.09RC0\lua\autoload.lua'
no file 'F:\K-MeleonCCFME0.09RC0\lua\autoload.lc'
no file 'F:\K-MeleonCCFME0.09RC0\lua\autoload.dll'

This error occurs every time I switch computers when the drive name changes. Is there any way to correct this? Thanks

This is because K-MeleonCCF ME is not fully portable. Everytime it starts, it will try to load modules from lua folders and the directory infomation is stored in pref.js of profile folder.

What I did is, everytime K-MeleonCCF ME catches a directory change, the first time startup in that folder, K-Meleon will set these pref.js to current directory. However you need to restart it after you saw the above dialog, then it should work fine. I hope my answers will solve your problem.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: December 10, 2008 09:00PM

K-MeleonCCF ME 0.09 RC1 is planed and being developed right now. I am doing some optimization of Gecko engine and there is already some new performance boost and much better cache use at this moment. One thing I can tell is:

RC1 will have faster backward/forward browsing experience, (more like the way in opera)

Posted by: Shadrach
Date: December 10, 2008 09:21PM

Hao Jiang

What I did is, everytime K-MeleonCCF ME catches a directory change, the first time startup in that folder, K-Meleon will set these pref.js to current directory. However you need to restart it after you saw the above dialog, then it should work fine. I hope my answers will solve your problem.

Thanks Hao! It works fine after program restart.

Re: 【Preview】 K-MeleonCCF ME 0.09 RC0
Posted by: cmau
Date: December 10, 2008 11:09PM

Hao Jiang
cmau
Hao Jiang

If you would like to ask any new functions, modifications, now it is the right time to ask. I 'll try to fullfill the request if possible.

Thank you Hao for this mod, this is the fastest K-meleon so far.

Suggestions for future versions:

- Noscript functionality without using XUL- not sure if this is possible, maybe it would be a whitelist, and if the site is in whitelist, the browser would enable the settings in prefs.js and then send the request.
- Option to hide tab bar and use Ctrl Tab to cycle between windows

Thank you very much for your suggestions.

1. It would be nice someone can come up with a luamacro solution for noscript and as a matter of fact, I myselft am not intending to do that. It would be better to be a separate project instead of inside K-MeleonCCF ME from my point of view...

2. Have you tried F11 fullscreen mode, you won't see the tab bar and you can cycle betwwn tabs using ctrl tab

#2, full screen doesn't work too well with bigger monitors, as the content becomes too wide/tall. Opera and Safari support hiding the tab bar, so would be great if this can be added for future versions.

For #1, the following quick script could work, however, currently it is loaded only after the page finishes loading which is inefficient, as a reload is necessary to enable/disable javascript. What is needed is a hook before Kmeleon sends a request, say before NavigateTo. As I understand this cannot be added with luamacro, and needs to be added in C++ internals? If this hook is added a Lua based Adblock solution would also be possible.

function noscript_check()
  local js_enabled = getpref(TYPE_BOOL, "javascript.enabled")
  local url = km.GetWindowVar(Window_UrlBar)
  local orig_url = km.GetWindowVar(Window_UrlBar)
  url = string.gsub(url, "http://";, "")
  url = string.gsub(url, "/.*$", "")
  url = string.gsub(url, "/", "")
  if url == "website.com" then --here should be changed to fetch lines from whitelist text file
    if js_enabled == false then --js setting changes on next load so have to reload
      setpref(TYPE_BOOL, "javascript.enabled", true)
      km.id("ID_NAV_STOP")
      NavigateTo(orig_url,OPEN_NORMAL)
      return
    end
  else
    setpref(TYPE_BOOL, "javascript.enabled", false)
  end
end

hook.add(LoadHook, noscript_check)

Date: December 10, 2008 11:52PM

Disabling images doesn't seem to work for me with this version. I've checked in prefs.js for the following user_pref("permissions.default.image", 2);

Date: December 11, 2008 11:32AM

cmau
Disabling images doesn't seem to work for me with this version. I've checked in prefs.js for the following user_pref("permissions.default.image", 2);

Thank you for letting me know this. I 'll try to fix that.

RC1 will come with new 'Drag and drop' abilities for search functions.

Re: [Gecko 1.9.1] K-MeleonCCF ME 0.09 Beta3
Date: December 12, 2008 06:41AM

RC1 now is available for download. Enjoy :drool:

Posted by: Arrow
Date: December 12, 2008 09:34AM

That was quick Hao, well done!

I very much like the text url opening and text to search engine drag feature.

Date: December 12, 2008 09:38AM

Arrow
That was quick Hao, well done!

I very much like the text url opening and text to search engine drag feature.

Yeah. It's a nice feature however it still has some bug. At some webpages, text drag won't work... sad smiley

Date: December 12, 2008 12:54PM

I have been out this morning and not had time to test Hao

Is it a bug or is it different website codes?

Because dragging of text does not work on some sites with other browsers that can drag and drop text on most websites

However in those instances when drag and drop alone within the boundaries of the web page doesn't work, it is not so bad because the browser can still drag the text to the address or search bar.

Do you have any examples? I can doublecheck with other browsers in about 12-15 hours time

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2008 12:57PM by Arrow.

Date: December 12, 2008 01:04PM

Arrow
I have been out this morning and not had time to test Hao

Is it a bug or is it different website codes?

Because dragging of text does not work on some sites with other browsers that can drag and drop text on most websites

However in those instances when drag and drop alone within the boundaries of the web page doesn't work, it is not so bad because the browser can still drag the text to the address or search bar.

Do you have any examples? I can doublecheck with other browsers in about 12-15 hours time

I feel like it's related to window_selectedText can't recognize some Chinese characters in those pages I tested. Also related is when search term is odd number of Chinese characters, the result is not in right encoding. This might be related some problem of utf convert which I am not sure yet.

p.s. I havn't seen any English website with text drag problem yet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2008 01:05PM by Hao Jiang.

Posted by: leveck
Date: December 12, 2008 03:33PM

I cannot get RC1 to download. When I try it only downloads about
1300 KB and then says complete. Then nothing happens when I try to run exe.
Same thing happened with RC0. I had no problem downloading earlier versions and I would really likely to have it. Anyone know what the problem might be?

Posted by: playdayz
Date: December 12, 2008 04:05PM

I buried my questions in a bunch of blather, so here they are again.
1) There is a spell check I think; how do I get it? Or, does spellcheck-ext110 work with this CCF?
2) The IE page option asks me to get a plugin; but that doesn't seem to work. I click to get the plugin and then it says "After Installing the plugin, click here."

Comment. It is so fast it is spooky. I swear that sometimes it loads a page *before* I click the link ;-)

Thanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2008 06:49PM by playdayz.

Date: December 12, 2008 07:16PM

playdayz
I buried my questions in a bunch of blather, so here they are again.
1) There is a spell check I think; how do I get it? Or, does spellcheck-ext110 work with this CCF?
2) The IE page option asks me to get a plugin; but that doesn't seem to work. I click to get the plugin and then it says "After Installing the plugin, click here."

Comment. It is so fast it is spooky. I swear that sometimes it loads a page *before* I click the link ;-)

Thanks.

Sorry for my late reply

1. The spellcheck extension doesn't work with CCF, however the new spell check function in Gecko 1.9 can be adapted. I 'll have this function available with a sub pack in the new future.

2. I forgot to include this dll file in plugins folder:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=9002f12c8857b541d2db6fb9a8902bda

Please download it and put in the plugins folder (you need to run IEtab.bat file to register it also)

Posted by: desga2
Date: December 12, 2008 10:11PM

New SpeedDial for K-Meleon fully free Ads (open web problem fixed) and some little improves in interfaz style.

Download SpeedDial for K-Meleon.

Also I upload a K-MeleonCCF ME 0.09 RC1 with npmeadax.dll (needed for IEtab) and my new SpeedDial included.

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2008 10:11PM by desga2.

Date: December 13, 2008 05:17AM

desga2
New SpeedDial for K-Meleon fully free Ads (open web problem fixed) and some little improves in interfaz style.

Download SpeedDial for K-Meleon.

Also I upload a K-MeleonCCF ME 0.09 RC1 with npmeadax.dll (needed for IEtab) and my new SpeedDial included.

Thanks for the update

Date: December 13, 2008 07:10AM

For the drag and drop text functions, there are several websites not compatible up to now including wikipedia.org

Date: December 13, 2008 12:42PM

Yes!

Drag & drop Works o'k with other browsers there.

Doesn't work on soccerway.com

Date: December 16, 2008 07:29PM
Date: December 18, 2008 06:19PM

I forgot to mention one function in this version. When you press CTRL and click the image, the image will be automatically saved to save folder set in the preference.

Date: December 19, 2008 07:39PM

Thanks Hao, that's a good feature.

Date: December 20, 2008 01:55AM

I was able to convert AdblockPlus to this K-meleon. It has no adding, GUI, subscriptions or object tabbing but any existing AdblockPlus pattern file can be used. It should also be possible to use Lua or Javascript to add GUI for adding patterns, and maybe a way to reload the pattern file without restarting.

The advantage this version has over Adblock in CCF, is that it's faster, doesn't use CSS and saves bandwidth.

This experimental version can be downloaded from here

http://rapidshare.de/files/41173383/adblock-plsu-ccfme-nogui.zip.html

To install, unzip the file in a separate folder and copy the files to respective directories in K-MeleonCCF directory. I've also included a test pattern file which should disable CSS/images/frames on all the sites, except this forum.

Date: December 20, 2008 04:34AM

cmau
I was able to convert AdblockPlus to this K-meleon. It has no adding, GUI, subscriptions or object tabbing but any existing AdblockPlus pattern file can be used. It should also be possible to use Lua or Javascript to add GUI for adding patterns, and maybe a way to reload the pattern file without restarting.

The advantage this version has over Adblock in CCF, is that it's faster, doesn't use CSS and saves bandwidth.

This experimental version can be downloaded from here

http://rapidshare.de/files/41173383/adblock-plsu-ccfme-nogui.zip.html

To install, unzip the file in a separate folder and copy the files to respective directories in K-MeleonCCF directory. I've also included a test pattern file which should disable CSS/images/frames on all the sites, except this forum.

Thank you very much for this nice modification and I 'll take a look to see whether I could implement a lua GUI for it. It would be nice to put it in the final 0.09 release if possible.

Posted by: jmillar
Date: December 21, 2008 01:13AM

Sleek, fast, a true 'silver streak'. A joy to use.
Can the sessions function be implemented? I see the kplugin is there.

Date: December 21, 2008 02:27AM

Right click the preference button and you will see the menu with session included.

Date: December 21, 2008 09:45AM

or preferences / display / show menu / restart ccfme

for all traditional menu buttons

Posted by: jmillar
Date: December 22, 2008 01:13AM

Thank you very much Hao, and Arrow for pointing it out!

Another minor niggle:

thin useless chevron bookmark column and missing menu on small screens (800x600). I found and solved this problem in KM152rc2 thanks to desga2:

(QUOTE):

Posted by: desga2 Date: December 04, 2008 05:28AM

"Are you tried changing menu Spillover configuration?
Preferences (F2) -> K-Meleon Plugins (section) -> Netscape Bookmarks (subsection) -> Bookmarks Menu (tab)"

(END QUOTE)

In 152 I changed "spillover" from "submenu" to "horizontal arrows" when bookmarks length exceeded screen size and I got back the chevron menu and also the bookmark menu heading which I had lost, along with its functionality.

How can I do that with CCFME?

Date: December 22, 2008 01:47AM

What happens if you copy over the bookmarks plugin from 152 to ccfme after reconfiguring?

I also use favorites and the links toolbar works fine across the width of the screen on 800x600 so must be something to do with the bookmarks plugin.

However the bookmarks toolbar does concertina with the correct spillover >> if used it as a partial toolbar on the same latitude as another toolbar.

I do that anyhow and I get rid of the bookmarks bmp in skins and use single letter/number abbreviations for folders and urls and can store a great number in a small space that way rather than use a width of the screen toolbar.

I know it's not a fix, but it's general info

Posted by: desga2
Date: December 22, 2008 06:29AM

@ jmillar:

Change this pref value to false for change to "Show scrolling arrow":
kmeleon.plugins.bookmarks.menuAutoDetect

Or for "Force spillover after" to defined entry number you like in pref:
kmeleon.plugins.bookmarks.maxMenuLength

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/22/2008 06:32AM by desga2.

Posted by: Luys
Date: December 22, 2008 07:08PM

Hello.
Is there any possibility to import or copy the cookies and images permissions of version CCF 0.85 to 0.09 RC1?
Regards.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/22/2008 07:11PM by Luys.

Pages: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.