Date: August 30, 2008 03:07PM

such as : http://v.ifeng.com/v/world/20080827/1814/index.shtml,
it hintes: the files cann't be found…….
why?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: k-meleon cann't play flv?
Posted by: guenter
Date: August 30, 2008 04:00PM

The files cannot be found (normally = error 404 - the URL that says where the file located = is bad - misspelled or something & does not exist at that place ). You can only notify the web master to repair the URL so that it works.

Else You translated for me a Chinese system message that tries to tell the user that the system cannot find a codec or player software ( google for free codec pack and install it or search VLC media player and use that).

K-Meleon can play all content that Firefox or other browsers can play - K-Meleon can use the same helper programs and Netscape plugins as Safari, Opera, SeaMonkey...

IE and IE shells use other plugin type so You must also make sure that You have installed plugins for browsers that use the Netscape plugin type.

p.s On the page where Your link guided me You also need Adobe Flash player plugin.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/2008 04:04PM by guenter.

Posted by: JohnHell
Date: August 30, 2008 05:23PM

Change the user agent to Firefox, then it plays.

Anyway, I still can't understand why, to play a flash video (where the unique requirement is flash player), a page has to check the browser you are using :-?

Isn't stupid and weird?

Posted by: JamesD
Date: August 30, 2008 07:11PM
Posted by: JohnHell
Date: August 30, 2008 09:41PM

No, he was talking about flv videos, but embedded in a swf flash web player.

Your link/program helps for already flv downloaded videos. I recommend for those videos this other free flv player http://www.martijndevisser.com/blog/flv-player/ but not beyond the 1.3.3 version smiling smiley

Posted by: kevinnn
Date: August 31, 2008 09:19AM

JohnHell
Change the user agent to Firefox, then it plays.

Anyway, I still can't understand why, to play a flash video (where the unique requirement is flash player), a page has to check the browser you are using :-?

Isn't stupid and weird?

your method is weird & simple,but efficacious.

now k-meleon can do.

thks for the helps from everyone!

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.