General :  K-Meleon Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon. 
External ListBox control for the macro language
Posted by: JamesD
Date: August 15, 2008 04:13AM

I am getting close on having this concept complete. I have used AutoIt ver 3 to construct an executable that can be called from the macro language. The user's choice is passed back to the macro language via the registry. I am just finishing up the readme stuff and the demo macro.

Question that I have is how to get this information to users. I can provide the macro and the script for AutoIt, but then each user who wishes to use this would have to download and install AutoIt for themselves. If I knew where to put the executable, then I could just provide directions on how to get it. I don't know which method would be best.

And if that question is not enough, I think different operatings systems require different compilers for AutoIt scripts. That would mean two different executables.

This sounds like something that an extension could do, but I have no experience with making them.

I am open to suggestions or advice on this.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: External ListBox control for the macro language
Posted by: desga2
Date: August 15, 2008 05:07AM

I can help you! Send me it by mail and i make an extension an upload it to my website.
Only one executable for windows is needed, what other systems do you like compiler?

(My mail adress can be found in my web page, "K-Meleon in Spanish" link at bottom)

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2008 05:36AM by desga2.

Date: August 15, 2008 07:31AM

I have the files compressed into a 7z file on my website. The link to the 7z file is http://www.perigee.net/~jmd8421r/KMListBox.7z

Extract into the user macro folder and it should work.

This is a first try and a very simple demo. Look for the item "KMListBox" under the HELP menu.

@desga2

This may be all that is needed. If you would like to put it into an extension, that is just fine with me.

Date: August 15, 2008 08:57AM

I tried it and works fine in 1.5.

If you like send me by mail the autoit3 source code and i can add some implementations to better it.

I think that an extension isn't needed because this is more a helper to develop others macros more than an extension tool.

P.S.; Nice photos in your site. smiling smiley

K-Meleon in Spanish

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2008 09:02AM by desga2.

Date: August 15, 2008 10:39AM

@desga2

The link to the script file is http://www.perigee.net/~jmd8421r/script.7z

Date: August 16, 2008 12:00AM

@ JamesD:
Thanks! I'm working on it. smiling smiley

K-Meleon in Spanish

Date: August 20, 2008 07:12AM

I have updated KMListBox. It now has language support for the listbox control and has localizations for the macro. Everything is included in KMListBox.7z at http://www.perigee.net/~jmd8421r/KMListBox.7z

All the documentation is included in the KMListBox.htm file. Languages supported are English, French, Spanish, and German. There are easy instructions on how to support other languages. The source code for the KMListBox.exe file is also included.

Extract the contents of KMListBox.7z to your user macro folder.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.