General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Borwsers of people visiting kmeleon.org
Posted by: Joshua Prowse
Date: May 31, 2001 02:02AM

Just for interet's sake, I'd like to know what the stats are for what browser people use when they visit your site - do they mostyle identify as a non-kmeleon browser?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Browsers of people visiting kmeleon.org
Posted by: Kevin Yockey
Date: May 31, 2001 04:57PM

K-Meleon 0.41 of course! ^^

- Kevin Yockey

Posted by: Nick Papagiorgio
Date: May 31, 2001 11:19PM

IE version 5.0, no updates

Date: June 01, 2001 02:38AM

Personally I use Internet Explorer 5.0 (version that ships with Win2000)
However, I was more thinking of someone posting the server logs.

Posted by: snak0r
Date: June 01, 2001 11:35PM

mozilla 0.9 then kmeleon 0.41 after i downloaded it... IE is for suckas

--snake-n-bake

Posted by: nick papagiorgio
Date: June 02, 2001 06:49PM

Perhaps, but some sites still load much quicker with IE

Posted by: scratch
Date: June 02, 2001 09:12PM

Which sites? All the sites I go to regularly load faster in Gecko (Mozilla/K-Meleon) for me. The browser itself is another issue, but K-Meleon loads about equally fast as M$IE.

Posted by: Nick Papagiorgio
Date: June 02, 2001 11:28PM

I encountered "denial of service" (nothing appeared for a few minutes from triphere.net and guinnessworldrecords.com (search function)). These two sites represent @10% of my surfing over the past two days, and there may be something really arcane with these sites, but they simply didn't load, at all, unlike IE. I've also had problems saving jpeg's from other sites: MSPaint, MS Photo Editor, even Irfan View won't display some jpeg's saved using right-click/save picture as in K-meleon. Trust me, I love this browser, even after a couple days use.

Posted by: j353840
Date: June 08, 2001 08:32PM

I am using Opera 4.03... Who know any better browser? smiling smiley

Posted by: Rob
Date: June 08, 2001 08:48PM

Yes - Opera 5.11 is fantastic and real fast.

Posted by: jarsonic
Date: June 09, 2001 04:14PM

just wondering... where do I download .41?

-- Jarsonic

Posted by: Author - Majestics
Date: June 13, 2001 03:30AM

Why do you like opera may I ask? I am going to keep what I like to myself. However, I would like to know Were you put to believe opera is any better then other browsers? I personally think that Opera is trying to take over the browser market. I hate them for it. I do not want to end up paying for Opera or using their ad system. Any other browser that I try even the ones that use IE$ or $Netscape engine. Do not show any ads. So what makes people use Opera. I think that it is smaller. Well you can go and use IE 3.01 with the same features. BTW I am using IE 3.01 on my old computer. Free also really it supports nearly the same stuff as opera 5.11 and you can see the same amount of pages. Go to aunch.com with opera or 3.01 ie will see the same results! With Microsofts monoply. Or Opera plan to make everyone pay. So we do not have a choice on browsers I guess if allot switch to opera. Netscpae is aol$.

Posted by: Majestics
Date: June 13, 2001 03:33AM

Correction sorry, Launch.com

Posted by: j353840
Date: June 13, 2001 02:54PM

Why is Opera the best browser 4 me?

1) Opera is faster than other browsers (MSIE,Mozilla), I can easily disable image loading for more speed... I have very slow connection via modem 33,6 sad smiley
2) Opera has very friendly interface and convenient bookmarks system (I can add my personal notes, pass etc. for every bookmark without using something like pass manager from NN)
3) Operas core isn´t based on MSIE or NN "mosaic" core smiling smiley Problem of MSIE core: integration with system (wrong uninstal),instability,security holes, problem of NN 4.x core: slow,too big,bad support for standards,include some shits as own editor,AOL messaging client..., problem of NN6 core: just RAM eater,terrible interface sad smiley
4) Opera has some great features: easy page zooming, print preview, only 1 instance on taskbar, possibility to change browser identity for websites script checkers etc.
5) I like Opera for speed, small size, configurability, nice interface...
6) But Opera isn´t perfect: I dislike Opera for some unusable features (instant messaging client, skins), incapability for work properly with unicode (i am czech user with some specific chars in my native language) and with some form elements (in 5.x versions I can add no file to my message from web based e-mail,... ->this is the reason to continue to work with 4.x)
I see no one perfect browser at this time. But Opera is the most convenient for me smiling smiley

Posted by: Author - Majestics
Date: June 14, 2001 06:16AM

Thankds for your accurate information. I dunno I tried opera many times. for me it just doesn't work for what I need it. If you like it enjoy it, I'll be looking for something better.

Posted by: BLooTzeR
Date: June 14, 2001 09:45AM

I use Fahim's Scope which utilizes both the IE and Mozilla/Gecko rendering engine. I'm using it right now. My default engine is the Mozilla/Gecko engine.

It also introduces the multi-tabbed interface instead of launching new window that cluttered the taskbar.

Link is www.razorsys.com/~fahim or cyberian.tripod.com.

Enjoy....

Posted by: dennis
Date: June 18, 2001 07:13PM

Check out this browser called Bingooo,It looks like it might be ok..
It seems to be quite fast to. I would like to here from someone else that might be
using this browser. I think that it is made in Germany..

Posted by: Mark Tim
Date: June 21, 2001 03:10AM

I have half a dozen, for testing how a website does look. Yet my prefered browser is Netscape 3.04, which I use with images off and JavaScript off. The beauty of Netscape is that you don't need right click-menuing to load an image, you just click on it. And it's FAST. It's main drawback is in secure mode, the signatures expired some time in '99. Anyway, when a page doesn't display properly I cut and paste its address into a more recent browser, which I minimise after viewing.

Mark

Date: June 21, 2001 03:12AM

I have half a dozen, for testing how a website does look. Yet my prefered browser is Netscape 3.04, which I use with images off and JavaScript off. The beauty of Netscape is that you don't need right click-menuing to load an image, you just click on it. And it's FAST. It's main drawback is in secure mode, the signatures expired some time in '99. Anyway, when a page doesn't display properly I cut and paste its address into a more recent browser, which I minimise after viewing.

Mark

Date: June 21, 2001 03:12AM

Mark

Date: June 21, 2001 03:13AM

Mark

Date: June 21, 2001 03:27AM

Mark

Date: June 21, 2001 03:28AM

Mark

Date: June 21, 2001 07:48PM

what happen?
someone set us up the bomb.

Posted by: scratch
Date: June 21, 2001 10:46PM

SOMEBODY set UP US the bomb. umm... yeah.

Date: June 21, 2001 11:21PM

Actualyl, we're both wrong (maybe if we jsut recite this thing a couple hundred more time sthan we'll get it right =)

Captain: What happen?
Mechanic: Someone set up us the bomb
Operator: We get signal
Captain: What!
Operator: Main screen turn on.

That's the official version and it's a combination of my someone and your up us =)

Posted by: Pope Nimey the Zeroth
Date: June 29, 2001 04:14AM

I'm using Opera 5.12 right now, but I'd be using $DEITY's own browser, Links 0.95, if there was a non-sucking rev for Windows machines.

Posted by: Pope Nimey the Zeroth
Date: June 29, 2001 04:15AM

I'm using Opera 5.12 right now, but I'd be using $DEITY's own browser, Links 0.95, if there was a non-sucking rev for Windows machines.

Majestics - chill out. This isn't emacs vs. vi, you know.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.