General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Updating the themes...
Posted by: Al.
Date: December 15, 2007 12:11AM

Hey all,

Just a quick notice to let anyone who is interested that a progressive themes update is underway. At the moent the themes are being updated for K-Meleon v1.02, for those who are still using it, either the original version or one of Fred's updated versions.

Got a week off from work coming up which will provide more time. Will start to look at doing the updates for K-Meleon v1.1/v1.5 in due course.

Keep an eye on the page or look out for random announcements.

Al.'s K-Meleon Themes Page

Al.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Updating the themes...
Posted by: LONG LIVE K-NINJA!
Date: December 15, 2007 05:13PM

Greetings Al. Thanks for the updates. Sure hope you do not mind how I worded things in this thread http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?1,36991,page=6.
The proper website addresses are posted there but without the usual linking. I will post here to see if it works.

Seasons Greetings :-)

Try this one:

http://www.geocities.com/grenleef/

Also loads of K-Meleon themes here: http://www.geocities.com/grenleef/themes.html
But be sure to visit and pressure Al to update. :-)

And everyone should join this: http://groups.google.com/group/the-true-underground
to try and keep K-Ninja alive.

Posted by: ndebord
Date: December 15, 2007 09:08PM

Al,

What are those bonus packs I see attached to some, but not all of the themes?

Tks,

N

Date: December 16, 2007 12:33PM

"Sure hope you do not mind how I worded things in this thread..."

Seems ok to me.

"What are those bonus packs I see attached to some, but not all of the themes?"

The Bonus Packs was something I came up with "back in the day" for K-Meleon v0.8. The idea was you had your regular version of a skin/theme, which if you was happy with you could just run with that, or on the other hand if you wanted some extra functionality you extracted the Bonus Pack into the respective skin's folder, and you ended up with an extra toolbar with a few extra functions that weren't there by default. Acted like a plugin or sorts. They're only there now for legacy/nostalgia reasons of course.

Al.

Date: December 17, 2007 05:23AM

Al,

Nostalgia can be fun!

<g>

N

Posted by: guenter
Date: December 25, 2007 07:39PM

Al.
At the moent the themes are being updated for K-Meleon v1.02

Will start to look at doing the updates for K-Meleon v1.1/v1.5 in due course.

159 (this figure includes many duplicates) K-Meleon skins had been updated to 1.1-1.1.3 toolbars code by December 2007. They were passed on to kko by Kathi (my daughter) after a van crossed the path of my bike on the 12.05.2007 (English Date notation).

This compendium of skins includes batches to automate the creation of skin installers and most skins can be updated or better down dated to K-Meleon 1.02 toolbars code by file transcending search&replace operations.

Al objected to the publication of these skins. He had mixed proprietary images with K-Meleon GPL2 code. If Al changes his mind, permits publication of all skins untainted by mixing and tells our community what skins are tainted and must not be used - this compendium can be used.

This way K-Meleon 1.02 and 1.1 plus K-Ninja (aka K-Meleon 1.02 with K-Ninja skins) users could be IMHO provided with many updated installable skins in a matter of days not weeks. At least if the original creators of the skins helped to update K-Meleon's themes Wiki.

Well: I would at least ask kko who is in charge of the skins now - whether this procedure (change of mind) would change the current situation.

BTW. K-Meleon 1.5 will possibly have a different skin structure/code.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/25/2007 09:07PM by guenter.

Date: December 25, 2007 10:17PM

Hi guenter,

Not going to get into any more debates/slinging matches in regards to any of this. The situation is such (as of today):

K-Meleon 1.02 skin updates are complete, just have to finish uploading and updating my themes page @:

http://geocities.com/grenleef/themes.html

v1.1 & v1.5 updates soon.

Al.

Posted by: I Am A K-Ninja Fan
Date: December 26, 2007 12:37AM

guenter
159 (this figure includes many duplicates) K-Meleon skins had been updated to 1.1-1.1.3 toolbars code by December 2007.

I seem to be missing something here. Will these 159 plus themes be available
for download? Sure would make a great present. :-)

Seasons Greetings to Everyone :-)

Date: December 26, 2007 01:24AM

Quick update... K-Meleon v1.1.3 skins installers now being added.

The v1.1.3 updates will be a lot quicker as there were only minor adjustments needed within the themes themselves. The major overhaul was of course with the v0.9 -> v1.0 skins.

Al.

Date: December 26, 2007 12:00PM

I Am A K-Ninja Fan

I seem to be missing something here. Will these 159 plus themes be available
for download?

No, they will not be available again ( not any time soon if ever ):

Al

The situation is such (as of today):

Most of these skins were here recently.

Read kko's comment and this thread why they are not for download anymore.

The later thread was closed by an Administrator/Moderator.

Al
Not going to get into any more debates/slinging matches in regards to any of this.

I will not fight with words either. I respect the Moderator's decision to stop the animadversion.

p. s. But I want to tell Al - I just did not expect a man that got my development aid for his buggy chrome to piss into my (and every users) beer on the next occasion.

You can feel free to do the (my) job again for all 150 odd existing themes.

I will invest no more time into them or into verifying which skins are tainted.

BTW. The current themes will AFAIK only be compatible with 1.5 alpha and maybe beta. That is the schedule provided there is enough time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/26/2007 12:04PM by guenter.

Posted by: Themes Collector
Date: December 27, 2007 05:29AM

Very sorry to hear the above. I was certainly looking forward to having well over
100 new K-Meleon themes. I believe lots of other users would also be interested.
It is too bad they have to go to waste. sad smiley

Date: December 28, 2007 12:11AM

v1.1 updates (including installers) for my themes are complete. Will take a look into v1.5 shortly.

...I was certainly looking forward to having well over
100 new K-Meleon themes.

All I've been doing is personally overseeing (and doing) the updates to some themes I created for use in K-M a few years ago, which had fallen by the wayside (got lost in the mix) etc. Like I've stated before I was not aware that anyone was still interested in those themes, but anyhow they are updated now.

I will also continue to maintain K-Ninja themes for as long as there is interest. Installers are also a possibility, however as I have had nobody complain that they couldn't get a theme working then I assumed that there wasn't a need. As with most K-Ninja issues, I'm always responsive to anyone who makes a complaint or reports any issue whatsoever.

As for any themes that appear here:

http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/wiki/KMeleonThemesWiki

They were created by other people, and personally I am not interested in them. I believe that they account for most of the "100 new themes" mentioned. Maybe "newly updated for v1.1" would be a better term usage. Any new themes that were put together were probably directly "disassembled" from original Maxthon skins. Yet again in that instance IMHO it is better to first gain approval from the guys who authored the skins in the first place.

My role as an "autonomous updater" for my own themes (including "Themes by Al." & the K-Ninja skins) will continue. Anything else is up to the K-Meleon guys to get sorted.

Al.

Date: December 28, 2007 12:14AM

Just fix that Themes Wiki link up:

Themes Wiki

Al.

Posted by: Themes Collector
Date: December 28, 2007 04:18AM

First of all Al I want to thank you for the updates. Now please correct me if I am
wrong. But I think you say out of about 150 themes you have interest in about 12.
That is about how many I count on your website. So you have no objections to Guenter
or anyone else reposting the others? Then it seems someone could do so before they
become obsolete. How may this be achieved? smiling smiley

Date: December 28, 2007 05:45AM

But I think you say out of about 150 themes you have interest in about 12

Correct, plus any K-Ninja themes which were included in the "batch" that Guenter submitted to kko. They usually have a title beginning with "Ninja...". They were never on the Wiki in the firstplace. Total of 30 there.

How may this be achieved?

kko's probably still sitting on the updated themes even as we speak. Simply removing my themes (the 12 mentioned) plus the K-Ninja themes from the batch & voila, I don't have any issues with the situation. Like I said the other themes (themes by jsnj, Rapido & co) are not mine to speak of nor do I have any interest in them.

Al.

Date: December 28, 2007 07:55AM

1.) Nobody is going to verify old copyrights after AL insisted that You can do no simple code updates. IMHO nobody will waste the time especially of kko, a dev, for it. kko got them when I was expected to die and I am alive, obviously. Now PPL that did skins can get updates and post them were they want.

2.) Why it is not done otherwise has to do with Al's comment about Maxton themes.
Lets use the themes that Al claims for himself and K-Ninja as example.

Sources of the so called K-Ninja Skins.

A) Code:
The K-Ninja's toolbars.cfg has roughly the same sequence and content as old K-Meleon 0.8 skins. They drop 0.8's "URL Bar buttons" (a bar), add 0.9's "Layer/Window Buttons" (a bar) and shift 0.9's normally hidden Options button by jsnj from the final position to the pole position of "Main Bar". The codes of original K-Ninja skins are K-Meleon 1.02 / GPL2 codes.

GPL code is infectious! Any free images are infected - the question is only were the images free?

B.) Images:
1.) Aria for K-Ninja by Al. (grenleef@yahoo.com.au) is a ported Maxton skin. The sequence is typical for this IE shell's skins, cf its menus.bmp.
2.) Blue Poison aka DarkDanger for K-Ninja Samurai by FlowX is a ported Maxton skin, cf. its mainbarcold.bmp.
3.) Butterfly Effect for K-Ninja by Al. (grenleef@yahoo.com.au) is a ported Maxton skin, cf. its menu.bmp.
4.) Crossover for K-Ninja by Al. (grenleef@yahoo.com.au) is an old K-Meleon skin created by Al. It is from mixed free images.
5.) Crystal by Ken Lynch - Free Icons by Everaldo (Crystal).
6.) Java Duke for K-Ninja by Al. (grenleef@yahoo.com.au) is an old K-Meleon skin created by Al. Free Images by Sun.
7.) Dwarf for K-Ninja by Al. (grenleef@yahoo.com.au) is a ported Maxton skin, cf. its menu.bmp.
8.) Early-Blue for K-Ninja by Al. (grenleef@yahoo.com.au) is an old K-Meleon skin created by Al. It is from mixed free images.
9.) Greys for K-Ninja by Al. (grenleef@yahoo.com.au) is a ported Maxton skin, cf. its menu.bmp.
10.) K-Guin for K-Ninja Samurai by Al. (grenleef@yahoo.com.au) is a ported Maxton skin, cf. its mainbarhot.bmp.
11.) K-Lion for K-Ninja Samurai by FlowX. is a ported Maxton skin, cf. its mainbarhot.bmp.
12.) KMBeOS for K-Ninja by Eyes-Only is an old K-Meleon skin maintained by AL; Maxton? cf. its mainbarhot.bmp.
13.) Knoia for K-Ninja. IMAGES Based on Noia Warm icons for KDE. The images have the sequence of a ported Maxton skin, cf. its mainbarhot.bmp.
14.) KnoiaWarm for K-Ninja. The images have the sequence of a ported Maxton skin, cf. its mainbarhot.bmp.
15.) Koldfusion for K-Ninja by Al. (grenleef@yahoo.com.au) uses a yellow variant of ancient greenish Mozilla images.
16.) Conqueror for K-Ninja by Al. (grenleef@yahoo.com.au). Galeons's Konqi-Icone theme.
17.) Krome for K-Ninja. The images have the sequence of a ported Maxton skin, cf. its mainbarhot.bmp.
18.) Lo-Fi for K-Ninja by Al. (grenleef@yahoo.com.au) is an ancient K-Meleon skin created by Al. It is from mixed free images.
19.) Micro for K-Ninja by Al. (grenleef@yahoo.com.au) is an old K-Meleon skin created by rmn. It is from mixed free and self made images.
20.) Mosaik for K-Ninja by Al. (grenleef@yahoo.com.au) bitmaps based upon the original look of NCSA Mosaic Web Browser v3.0.
21.) KM-Nautipolis for K-Ninja by Eyes-Only maintained by Al. The images have the sequence of a ported Maxton skin, cf. its mainbarhot.bmp.
22.) Netscape Modern for K-Ninja by Eyes-Only maintained by Al.
23.) Pinstripe Redux for K-Ninja by Al. (grenleef@yahoo.com.au). Original for Firefox by Kevin Gerich ported to K-Meleon by Neil Jenkins. Mixed free images.
24.) Prodigal for K-Ninja by Al. (grenleef@yahoo.com.au) is a ported Maxton skin. The sequence is typical for Maxton skins, cf. its menu.bmp.
25.) Silverbird for K-Ninja by Al. (grenleef@yahoo.com.au) is a ported Maxton skin. The sequence is typical for Maxton skins, cf. its menu.bmp.
26.) NinjaSmoke for K-Ninja Samurai converted by Al. (grenleef@yahoo.com.au). Mozilla theme by Aaron Spuler ported to K-Meleon 0.8 by Neil Jenkins.
27.) Stripe and Stripe_small for K-Ninja by Al. (grenleef@yahoo.com.au) are ported Maxton skins.. The sequence is typical for Maxton skins, cf. its menu.bmp.
28.) Surfari and Surfari_Small for K-Ninja by Al. (grenleef@yahoo.com.au) are ported Maxton skins based on Safari Icons. The sequence is typical for Maxton skins, cf. its menu.bmp.
29.) Warped for K-Ninja by Al. (grenleef@yahoo.com.au). Is genuine port by Al. It replicates the old IBM Web Explorer browser for OS/2.
30.) WhistlerXP for K-Ninja by Al. (grenleef@yahoo.com.au) is a ported Maxton skin. The sequence is typical for Maxton skins, cf. its menu.bmp.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2007 02:36PM by guenter.

Date: December 28, 2007 12:11PM

K-Meleon v1.5 alpha compatible themes are now completed as promised...

If changes are needed in the future for the next beta etc. due to macro changes then they shall be made. In the meantime hop in and test out the new K-Meleon 1.5 with a little style.

All the best,
Al.

Posted by: Nikki
Date: December 30, 2007 06:47PM

Hi everyone,

I love the Monty Python skin for K-Ninja. Any chance for a Doctor Who or a Harry Potter theme?

Date: January 01, 2008 09:04AM

I love the Monty Python skin for K-Ninja. Any chance for a Doctor Who or a Harry Potter theme?

Anything's possible, I'll look into it later.

New Theme available: Enhanced Mosaik

Available for both K-Meleon v1.1, v1.5 & K-Ninja, this is the first time I've worked on and completed a skin for K-Meleon from scratch in about 2 years.

This theme is a complete "portage", meaning that you won't find another one like it anywhere else. Toolbar icons & throbber were assembled from scratch.

It's mainly a retro skin for those of us who have been around for a while.

Installers available @:

Al.

Posted by: Doug
Date: January 01, 2008 05:14PM

Al, many thanks for new themes. But Enhanced Mosaik has a bad link. Have not checked
others. Wishing the new year to bring lots and lots of new K-Meleon and K-Ninja
themes. smiling smiley

Date: January 02, 2008 06:41AM

Thanks Doug. Link fixed.

There are certainly plenty of inspirations out there so there will be more to come.

Al.

Posted by: K-Meleon Theme Archiver
Date: March 05, 2008 04:12PM

If anyone downloaded any of the now obsolete themes for KM 1.1.3 would you please
send to me for archiving. Those were listed here at this website until removed. http://freenet-homepage.de/CoolMcKluus/software/kmeleon/guenter/index.html
Please email to me or email me links to them if you can post on Rapidshare or any
file sharing services. Thank you greatly. My email K-Meleon_Themes@temporaryforwarding.com

Date: March 05, 2008 06:58PM

KKO,

Tried to send 309k zip file to your email address and got the following error message from Gmail:

===========

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

K-Meleon_Themes@temporaryforwarding.com

Technical details of permanent failure:
PERM_FAILURE: SMTP Error (state 16): 552 5.3.4 Error: message file too big

===========

N

Posted by: casper
Date: March 06, 2008 03:51AM

I would like some dark themes for K-Meleon.

Posted by: K-Meleon Theme Archiver
Date: March 06, 2008 04:31PM

Very sorry about that email address ndebord. I was unaware it could not accept
files. Please try this one. kmeleon_themes@cooltoad.com. It says it can accept
files of several megabytes. Thanks

Date: March 06, 2008 07:13PM

kmeleon theme archiver,

Certainly. I was scratching my head about that error. Thought Gmail had gone soft in the head! <g>

On its way now.

N

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.