General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Help, lost my Bookmarks Toolbar
Posted by: tlcmd
Date: October 31, 2007 09:02PM

After upgrading to 1.5 alpha update 2, my Bookmarks Toolbar is empty. And I cannot add to the bookmarks toolbar because the only option under Bookmarks is Bookmarks. I have checked the Bookmarks Toolbar under options, but it is "(not set)" . Help, please. And keep it simple, please, I'm not that computer literate.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/2007 09:04PM by tlcmd.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Help, lost my Bookmarks Toolbar
Posted by: Gul
Date: November 01, 2007 01:09AM

tlcmd, if you have tried the following then you must be running windows xp.
I believe literally thousands are having Bookmark and Favorites problems.
But let me know if you have tried this. At the top of KM open Edit-Preferences
-Plugins. Now highlight Netscape Bookmark Plugin. Then go to the upper
right and click Configure. Yours should approximate the following. To the right
of Bookmarks File click that to open. Now open the Look in box. Here you
will see My Computer and others. Go to Drive C, Documents and Settings,
Your Name, Application Data, then whatever Bookmarks you want. That would be
KM, Mozilla, Firefox, Netscape, etc. Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Posted by: tlcmd
Date: November 01, 2007 11:34PM

I am running Windows XP. I lost my K-meleon bookmarks. They are not saved on IE as I almost always use K-meleon as a browser and have set my bookmarks there. Forunately, I must have done something right because I've got working bookmarks on where my bookmarks toolbar is supposed to be even though I cannot find "bookmarks toolbar" anywhere under bookmarks; only the bookmarks. These have survived my routine maintainance scans spyware, regestry, etc as well as hard drive error checking and defragging.

Thanks for the reply.

Posted by: guenter
Date: November 02, 2007 06:11AM

Since version Your profile of k-meleon will contain bookmarks_backup.html.
If the current bookmarks get damaged have a look at this backup file.
If You do so right after You lost the old bookmarks it is still containing the bookmarks.

Posted by: Jim
Date: November 11, 2007 10:15PM

Me too. There is no longer an option for bookmarks anywhere on the browser. I tried uninstalling, reinstalling, etc. -- it's just gone. Is anyone from kmeleon reading this? looks like a bug in your update file.

Posted by: Gromann
Date: December 04, 2007 08:21PM

I lost my bookmarks tab and I cant find anyway to get them back so far, and I HAVENT updated k-meleon and this has been an issue the last few days, almost a week. Suffice to say.. NEED HELP.

Posted by: desga2
Date: December 05, 2007 11:28AM

Try this:
1) Go to Edit -> Preferences -> Plugins, you must check that Netscape bookmarks is enable, else you must push 'Enable/Disable' button.
If plugin is enable you must push 'Config...' button and check 'Enable bookmarks toolbar'.

2) Press F2 key (Advanced Preference panel will be showed), go to 'GUI Apparence -> Toolbars', in the 'Bookmarks Toolbar' tab you must check 'Enable Bookmarks Toolbar'.
Or in 'K-Meleon Plugins -> Netscape Bookmarks' section and check 'Enable support for Netscape bookmarks'. In 'Bookmarks toolbar' tab check 'Enable bookmarks toolbar'.

K-Meleon in Spanish

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.