General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
How to stop changing order of KM window icons on XP Taskbar?
Posted by: Kozak
Date: September 07, 2007 12:15PM

K-M is great! Thank you everybody who made it happen.

The new "feature" in K-M 1.1 drives me nuts: changing order of K-M window icons on Windows XP Taskbar.

Say I open 3 K-M windows. First for e-mail. Second for shopping. Third for research. I can have multiple layers in each. Each window is an icon on Windows XP Taskbar (with Start button). I remember their positions on XP Taskbar so that I know which is which.

But each time I change layer focus in a K-M window, its position on XP Taskbar changes. It goes to the bottom of the taskbar and becomes the most recent icon. So now I don't know which window is which. If I need to go to my shopping window, I have to try all 3 until I find it. Now imagine if I have 50 apps running, and 10 K-M windows open - now things are all over the place! No other application that I know of does this stupid thing! Also, this did not happen in K-M 1.02!

How do I stop K-M doing this, anybody???

Also, is it not possible to display more than 32 layers on a layers bar (I can open more layers, but they are not shown on the layers bar). I hope this restriction is lifted.

Also, the feature View/Home/Start with Last Session appears to only work on one window. If I have 4 K-M windows open, and computer crashes, the next time I start K-M I expect all 4 windows to open and all layers I had in them (just like happens in FFox, Opera). But only one K-M window opens instead.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How to stop changing order of KM window icons on XP Taskbar?
Posted by: kko
Date: September 07, 2007 12:40PM

These issues will all be solved in the next km version.

(That taskbar thing is nothing new, it's a side effect of the layers plugin. The next km will have true tabs.)

Posted by: Kozak
Date: December 09, 2007 03:15PM

The new K-M 1.5 Alpha 2 solved all these problems. Awesome!

Posted by: catB
Date: June 27, 2008 09:02AM

Hello,

with official delivery of KM 1.1.5 the trouble is NOT solved: each time I open a new tab or refresh an existing tab in an existing KM window, the corresponding icon in windows taskbar is moved at the end (as if it was a new KM window).
this behavior is not the regular/expected one: with all other applications, once I have opened a window, whatever I do in the application, its icon in windows taskbar is not moved.

this bug is annoying: I open several KM windows that are linked with several other applications windows. windows taskbar is the "table of contents" of my actions. a moving "table of contents" is then very hard to use!

Posted by: desga2
Date: June 27, 2008 09:16AM

This is solved in 1.5 beta (1.5 > 1.1.5).
Test last 1.5beta2, read first thread in forums.

K-Meleon in Spanish

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.