General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
New Icon for K-Meleon
Posted by: John T. Haller
Date: August 17, 2007 11:28PM

From the work I'd started for a K-Meleon Portable with PortableApps.com, I created a new higher-res icon for K-Meleon based on the logo from the website. It's a Windows ICO file with 16, 32, 48 and 128 pixel versions in both Windows XP (aka PNG) and 256 color formats. Here's a link to the ICO:

http://portableapps.com/temp/k-meleon.ico

I decided to hold off on K-Meleon Portable as it doesn't support the -profile switch and stores its profile list in a registry.dat binary file, making it much less friendly to portablization. If I'm not mistaken, the portable versions of K-Meleon posted here thusfar have all required recompilation... something we frown on over at PortableApps.com as we like to stay with the official releases.

But I thought, perhaps, you could make use of the icon anyway.

Cheers,
John

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New Icon for K-Meleon
Posted by: guenter
Date: August 18, 2007 05:37AM

Thx for sharing the icon.

p. s. AFAIK It is not done by recopilation but by adding another/different modul.
AFAIK the modul is an older dll that was once a default.

To me this seems similar to some portable apps that seem to need a Torpark.exe or a similar "helper.exe" to start as portable app. But I am no programmer and might be mistaken.

BTW. I sometimes run K-Meleons in an older Torpark environment.
AFAIK You created the Torpark.exe. Thx for that also.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2007 05:38AM by guenter.

Posted by: John T. Haller
Date: August 18, 2007 04:33PM

Is there anyone who can confirm it doesn't need a recompile? If it doesn't, then I'd reconsider.

I'd originally helped the creator of TorPark, but he went on to commercialize it and violate the Mozilla trademark guidelines so I'm not involved in that anymore.

Posted by: JujuLand
Date: August 18, 2007 06:34PM

There is no recompilation af the exe and the kplugins, just a compression of the kplugins, the dll in components and the exe (with UPX), to save size (the same with jar which are compressed instead of stored).

For the profile, the kprofile dll which replace the mozilla original profile, it's just for having a simple profile with an easy name to use it more easily (I take the same way as Douglas took). This Dll is a version made by Dorian (the K-Meleon programmer).

I can't say it's an official version, because I made it without the accord of anyone, but as I took the official 1.1.2 version, for me, in my head, it's an official.

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2007 06:35PM by JujuLand.

Posted by: guenter
Date: August 20, 2007 07:30AM

@ John T. Haller,

Only Dorian compiles smiling smiley

p. s. Thx for giving me my old Torpark anyway. As far as I remember I just had to rename k-m to firefox. I was too lazzy to edit Torpark.ini smiling smiley

& I am sorry to hear that You had to leave that project - I thought You still were with them. However, it should not be a big problem if some have to earn something with projects that were free once. Better this - than that a good project has to be abandoned. You got to make ends meet at the end of the month somtimes winking smiley

I personally? - I can update my old Torpark with alain's portable - so your work will be still used - even if someone had to change colors smiling smiley

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.