Renaming Favorites
Posted by: Nav
Date: July 26, 2007 01:43AM

Is there a new or old extension for renaming favorites in K-Meleon? Thanks for everyone's help :-)

Re: Renaming Favorites
Posted by: JamesD
Date: July 26, 2007 12:43PM

Nav, I am not sure that I understand you question. Do you mean you wish to rename one of the favorites in your list? If so then click on Favorites in the menu and then click on Edit. You can right click on a favorite and you get a Windows menu that has an option to rename.

If you want your favorites in a different named folder then under the Favorites menu there is an item called Options. There is a place on the panel that comes up to put an alternate named folder for favorites.

If this did not help please put more details about your question. Someone on the forum is likely to have the answer. I am using KM ver 1.11 so the answers I gave might not work on older versions.

Date: July 26, 2007 05:25PM

Thanks for the information James. I am sorry I did not make myself clear. What I am
referring to is when adding a page to the Favorites list. On other browsers such as
ie you can change the name before adding the new listing. The same can be done with
Firefox if you have the extension called Plain Old Favorites. This can also be done
on the other gecko based browser called Orca. I am sure there are many others which
can do this besides the hundreds of ie shells.

Posted by: JujuLand
Date: July 27, 2007 06:14AM

Edit > Advanced Preferences (F2) > K-Meleon Plugins > Chack 'Use box whan creating a bookmark (something like this).

Then, when creating a new bookmark, a box opens and you can here change the default folder and the name, and add a nickname if you want

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2007 06:14AM by JujuLand.

Date: July 27, 2007 05:32PM

Thanks for your response also JujuLand or Alain. I cannot find the box mentioned to
put check mark on. But I can already rename in the Bookmarks and Hotlist. Will the
above instructions gave such abilities for the IE Favorites list?

Posted by: JujuLand
Date: July 27, 2007 07:25PM

You're right, the possibility is just for Bookmarks, it's not possible with Favorites.

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

Date: August 05, 2007 06:55PM

Nav, I have started work on a fix to this item.

See this thread http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?1,73639

Date: August 21, 2007 05:50PM

@ Nav

There is a new macro in the macro library for "Rename - Add" favorites. The macro name is FavRenAdd.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.