General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Pages: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
K-Meleon 1.1 RC2
Posted by: Dorian
Date: April 25, 2007 07:11PM

Fixed a couple of leak, scrollbar visibility, session cookies, session plugin crash when deleting a session and english language selection when several locale installed. There are some fixes for macros, kmprefs and flashblock too.

Make sure to use a new profile or to backup your old one.
Download Setup

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/22/2007 08:06PM by Dorian.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: K-Meleon 1.1RC
Posted by: kko
Date: April 25, 2007 08:19PM

K-Meleon 1.1 Localization

The French and German localizations are more or less finished. Spanish localization in progress.

If you want to make a new localization, please contact me through my website. I will then send you our most recent localization resources. Additional documentation and tutorials are in progress (be patient or ask me directly).

I plan to release the German localization soon (for testing). Announcement here.

Posted by: Hao Jiang
Date: April 26, 2007 04:33AM

Great job! So far so good. The only problem right now is this one is still not compatible with Windows Vista yet. I tried to run it under Vista right now. But all links stop responding in the web page. Should be related with the Gecko, not the KM I guess...

Posted by: BenoitRen
Date: April 26, 2007 07:08PM

K-Meleon 1.1RC doesn't start up instantly for me. Version 1.0 did. :/ Still, 3 seconds is not long.

Now for the real problem. The URL bar doesn't seem to work at all! sad smiley I type in a URL, press Enter, and I see the status bar emptied for a split second, then again say "Ready", but the page hasn't appeared. Same thing if I click on the Go button. The Error Console isn't showing any errors.

What's going on? This is on Windows 95.

Posted by: kingsparrow
Date: April 27, 2007 01:25AM

Everything seems to work fine on xp pro. It's sleek and fast, running smoothly....................

Posted by: Buzz
Date: April 27, 2007 05:31AM

edited; thought it worked in Vista, but apparently not...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2007 07:07AM by Buzz.

Date: April 27, 2007 10:01AM

Just downloaded and tried it on my WinXP laptop. It also takes 3 seconds to load there, so I guess it's the nature of the beast? The URL bar works fine here. I hope someone can tell me why it doesn't on Windows 95.

Date: April 27, 2007 11:55AM

BenoitRen
K-Meleon 1.1RC doesn't start up instantly for me. Version 1.0 did. :/ Still, 3 seconds is not long.

First start is always slow.
You can disable some macros with kmprefs, and see if it changes the startup speed.

BenoitRen
Now for the real problem. The URL bar doesn't seem to work at all! sad smiley I type in a URL, press Enter, and I see the status bar emptied for a split second, then again say "Ready", but the page hasn't appeared. Same thing if I click on the Go button. The Error Console isn't showing any errors.

What's going on? This is on Windows 95.

Not sure. If the status bar is updated, this means kmeleon did pass the url to gecko. Difficult to say without having w95.

For Vista: Use the installer.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2007 12:04PM by Dorian.

Posted by: leveck
Date: April 27, 2007 01:44PM

I am using Vista Home Premium and it works fine. I did use the installer and I havent had a problem. It is fast, too.

Posted by: JamesD
Date: April 27, 2007 01:47PM

Dorian is right on the startup times. I have a fast processor and a gig of RAM using XP home and the first start after a reboot is about 4 seconds but later starts are less than 1 second. I just used the 7z file to install, not the installer.

Dorian, this is the best we have ever been.

Date: April 27, 2007 06:01PM

Dorian

For Vista: Use the installer.

No. Even though with the installer, the link problem still exists. When first startup, the links seem work. But after doing open and close layers. Links in web pages won't work any more.

Date: April 28, 2007 12:38AM

Yes, Hao (and fyi Dorian), what you describe is exactly what I experienced in Vista UE; that's why the edit to my post - I thought it worked...but then it didn't...

Posted by: JamesD
Date: April 28, 2007 07:13PM

Error: syntax error
Source file: http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?1,71232,71237#msg-71237
Line: 164
Source code:
<![CDATA[//><!--

KM 1.1 RC stopped once. I found this in the error console. Their were several windows open but the last one did not seem to be getting anywhere. I tried to close and that did not seem to work. I then hit stop and tried to close. That is when KM stopped.

I hope this is meaningful for somebody. It is way above my level of knowledge.

Posted by: desga2
Date: April 28, 2007 07:28PM

This is a common error in gecko engine, i belive.
I have this same error in other post:
Error: syntax error
Archivo de origen: http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?1,71517
Línea: 287
Código fuente:
<![CDATA[//><!--

With FireFox 2.0.0.2

K-Meleon in Spanish

Posted by: sliderule
Date: April 28, 2007 09:24PM

I have used KM 1.1RC for a few days now, with Windows XP Pro Service Pack2, and GREAT JOB.

This Release Candidate looks like a winner.

One minor ( very minor ) documentation item I found. In the file: menus.cfg in the . . . defaults\profile directory . . . that gets populated to the directory for each user . . .

K-Meleon 1.1RC menus.cfg
# Note: The purpose of this file is to host your personal menu definitions.
# Using the syntax described above, you can completely redefine the
# default menus which are defined in defaults\settings\menus.cfg in
# your K-Meleon installation directory. Using an extended syntax, you
# can even add menus and commands to the default menus and remove
# items from them whithout to miss future updates of the defaults.
# For this extended syntax, please refer to our wiki.

The line: # items from them whithout to miss future updates of the defaults.

might be better if it said: # items from them withhout missing future updates of the defaults.

Again, great job to all involved . . . and . . . thank-you for the efforts. It is really appreciated.

Sliderule

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/2007 09:26PM by sliderule.

Posted by: Anonymous User
Date: April 28, 2007 09:33PM

I agree with this grammatical correction, but anyway I would prefer to have our chief developer to center in technical matters rather than on this minimal issues.

IMHO pointing Dorian to this kind of fixings is like having a Formula 1 car to go to the supermarket.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/2007 09:33PM by enaitzjga.

Posted by: sliderule
Date: April 28, 2007 09:55PM

enaitzjpa:

You are correct, that Dorian et.al. should be focused on technical matters . . . and . . . the above "grammatical correction" is just that, a "grammatical correction".

Perhaps I was not clear . . . my only point is . . . since this is the only item I found . . . then . . . great job to all, and, in my experience to date ( only a few days ) . . . this Release Candidate is fantastic.

Sliderule

Posted by: Anonymous User
Date: April 28, 2007 10:33PM

Sliderule, please don't take me wrong, I was not objecting nothing against you, you're totally right on your comment, and I thank you for using your time to enhance K-Meleon by letting the devs know about an error, even if it's a small one.

And yes, it's a really fantastic release.

What a great year for the project!

Date: April 29, 2007 01:49AM

To me, it's not a fantastic release if it can't even get something as basic as a URL bar working on Windows 95. sad smiley

Maybe it's yet another incompatible DLL thingie like last time...

might be better if it said: # items from them withhout missing future updates of the defaults.
No. It should be "without".

Posted by: mchasard
Date: April 30, 2007 09:10AM

Thanks for this rc1 release , i tried it and i note also for the first loading that its longer than the previous alpha 2 ...i have also the feeling that surfing , it takes more times to display and to give me the hand to click on another link ...it was more confortable with the alpha 2 ... i don't know why ...but i have this feeling perhaps some parameter to change ...?

Thanks in advance for your answer ...

Posted by: Elwood
Date: May 01, 2007 02:28AM

I would really like to see K-Meleon 1.1 fully compatible with Windows Vista. The problems have been dealt elsewhere. I am using Vista Home Premium and having the same problem with it opening but then links and forms not working properly. It is a shame to have to go back to other browsers now and I would really like to get back to using K-Meleon. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Elwood

Date: May 01, 2007 03:21AM

Buzz
Yes, Hao (and fyi Dorian), what you describe is exactly what I experienced in Vista UE; that's why the edit to my post - I thought it worked...but then it didn't...
but then again, just re-installed, running loader (which I've not done previously) and it's running just fine! links functionality, etc... :-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/2007 04:16AM by Buzz.

Posted by: Macro_Pheliac
Date: May 01, 2007 11:19AM

I thought you planned on upgrading the Gecko libs?

That would help with Vista compatibility alone. So, no Gecko update until 1.2 or what?

Date: May 01, 2007 05:03PM

Ok I confirm the GRE is broken in the RC. Here the fix.

K-Meleon 1.1RC2

Should fix it on W95 and Vista.

Date: May 01, 2007 05:08PM

Great news. Thanks Dorian.

Confirmed: The gecko works in Vista now.

Hao

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2007 03:20AM by Hao Jiang.

Posted by: clickfish
Date: May 01, 2007 07:54PM

K-Meleon runs only with admin rights correct under Vista.
When I try to start the browser as user, K-Meleon crashs:
http://www.myimg.de/?img=200705012147271a4.jpg

Posted by: Elwood
Date: May 02, 2007 04:49AM

Ok, I have downloaded and installed K-Meleon 1.1rc2 and so far everything seems to be working fine on my Vista Home Premium system. That's good. The problem I have run into is that I want three layers to open whenever I start K-Meleon up. In past versions, I have been able to set them up as a group and in the process it gave me the option of having the group open on starup. I can still set them up as a group but there is no option to open the group on startup that I can see. If I am missing something, please point me in the right direction. If this feature has been removed, can we get it back someway? Thanks!

Elwood

Posted by: JujuLand
Date: May 02, 2007 05:13AM

View > Home > Start with group

:-)

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

Posted by: clickfish
Date: May 02, 2007 05:44AM

Here is the error log from Windows:
Fehlerhafte Anwendung K-Meleon.exe, Version 1.1.0.3, Zeitstempel 0x46333d57, fehlerhaftes Modul xpcom_core.dll

Posted by: noel-pg2
Date: May 02, 2007 07:51PM

BenoitRen
To me, it's not a fantastic release if it can't even get something as basic as a URL bar working on Windows 95. sad smiley

Maybe it's yet another incompatible DLL thingie like last time...

No. It should be "without".

forget it, BenoitRen (aka. Benny Boy). certain Win95 DLLs seem to make almost ANY version of K-meleon not work properly. I've even tested K-meleon 1.02 on a Win95c machine a few months ago (even with the required DLL updates installed) and the menu bar in K-meleon is still messed up. I even tried older versions of K-meleon on Win95c and the previous 1.1 alphas on Win95c, still no dice with the menu bar problem.

I hate to say it, but older versions of K-meleon just isnt meant to be used under any version of Win95. so try out version K-Meleon 1.1 RC2 on your Win95c machine and post your results.

I have, on the other hand, tried out the latest RC release of K-meleon 1.1 on my WinXP SP2 home ed. desktop machine AND on my neighbor's old Win95 SR2.5 machine.
This second RC release of K-Meleon 1.1 has worked great under WinXP SP2 AND under Win95 OSR2.5 (yay!). I no longer had the garbled text on the menu bar when using Kmeleon 1.1 RC2 under Win95 SR2.5.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2007 02:55AM by noel-pg2.

Pages: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.