General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
userContent.css Mods
Posted by: Peabody
Date: November 20, 2006 11:23PM

Greetings,

I am new to K-Meleon. The past several days I have been seriously learning my way around the browser and overall I am quite pleased.

I have been using Firefox since the Phoenix 0.4 days, and Netscape 4.0x before that. I am hoping to migrate to K-Meleon because XUL is painfully slow on my aging hardware. K-Meleon is wonderfully fast and snappy on my box.

Through some additions in userContent.css, in Firefox I am able to colorize the text in my tabs as well as in the status bar. In K-Meleon I now am using the same userContent.css that I used in Firefox.

With Firefox I added options to change the tab text color while a page loads, added italicized and a different colored text for unread tabs, a different color of read tabs, and even a different color for pages that the old Proxomitron filter throws back with error messages. I use a different color in the status bar text.

None of these userContent.css text mods work in K-Meleon.

I am using Elevated Buttons to help distinguish my active and inactive tabs, but that does not help remind me which tabs are unread.

Similarly, I added a userContent.css mod that combined the Firefox Stop and Reload buttons. This mod does not work in K-Meleon.

Perhaps these mods all are XUL events. In that case I understand why the mods do not work in K-Meleon. If that is the case, are there any plans to provide such features?

Thank you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: userContent.css Mods
Posted by: rmn
Date: November 21, 2006 09:53AM

With Firefox I added options to change the tab text color while a page loads, added italicized and a different colored text for unread tabs, a different color of read tabs, and even a different color for pages that the old Proxomitron filter throws back with error messages. I use a different color in the status bar text.

Similarly, I added a userContent.css mod that combined the Firefox Stop and Reload buttons. This mod does not work in K-Meleon.

They both depend on XUL. Basically in K-Meleon you can only use userContent.css to modify stuff in Web pages, not in the rest of the browser window.

are there any plans to provide such features?

(Not that I know of, but I'm not the right person to answer.)

Posted by: Peabody
Date: November 22, 2006 12:12AM

They both depend on XUL. Basically in K-Meleon you can only use userContent.css to modify stuff in Web pages, not in the rest of the browser window.

Thank you for that clarification. Looks like I'll post some Improvement requests. smiling smiley

Posted by: Lupin-III
Date: September 04, 2011 08:30AM

i'd say colorful/more noticeable tabs would be the icing on the cake for this browser. (龴‿龴)_ﮌ

has just about everything else that i'd like to use (generally) without the slowness/memory hogging tendencies of the 'mainstream' browsers.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.