General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
how about a BeOS port
Posted by: James Marr
Date: August 23, 2000 01:03AM

I'll go ahead and ask what has been on the lips of most BeOS users all today. Please port it to BeOS.

Options: ReplyQuote
RE: how about a BeOS port
Posted by: soellman
Date: August 23, 2000 01:28AM

you'd be better served by waiting for mozilla proper or finding another analagous project. if he's trying to stay as close to the MFC framework as possible, then MFC would need to be ported to BeOS as well.. non-trivial to say the least. Maybe you can run this using BeWine!

-o

Posted by: luke
Date: August 23, 2000 01:52AM

Many BeOS users would be interested in paying money for a web browser like this. I for one would. A stable, standards compliant web browser would do good BeOS' users.

Posted by: Alejandro
Date: August 23, 2000 02:59AM

It's true...if you make a good browser for BeOS, the users and the money will come.

Alejandro.

Posted by: pirate
Date: August 23, 2000 04:22AM

yes, what BeOS needs now is a good browser.

Posted by: hazrd
Date: August 23, 2000 08:23AM

Some dude at thegreenboards.com came up with the idea of using just the gecko rendering engine as the base for a true BeOS browser circumventing Mozilla. I guess that's what the kmeleon is for Windowze. We need people to port gecko onto BeOS so that this can happen. The bezilla team are running into problems and besides, a browser similar to kmeleon would be major boon for the BeOS.

Posted by: bah
Date: August 23, 2000 10:02AM

Can I add another request for a BeOS version? That would rock my world.

Posted by: Rich
Date: August 23, 2000 01:23PM

You've got my vote for a commercial (pay) BeOS version.

Posted by: Brad Grenz
Date: August 30, 2000 08:49AM

I would assume the same problems the BeZilla team has run into would also stimey a port of just the Gecko component.

Porting Gecko (RE: how about a BeOS port)
Posted by: luke
Date: August 30, 2000 10:42AM

There are currently work arounds for the problems that they have had porting Mozilla, these same workarounds could be applied to Gecko. Porting Gecko would be much more quicker than Mozilla also.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.