General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
K-Meleon asks for mfc42.dll in Win95
Posted by: kks bisht
Date: February 24, 2002 01:33PM

Hi friends,
I've successfully installed K-Meleon on one of my Win98 machines and it is working wonderfully (except one minor problem, which I'll post later). But, when I try to install it on a machine with Win95, the installation ends with the following error message :

Error Starting Program
The K-MELEON.EXE file is linked to missing export MFC42DLL:6491
OK

I checked with Win98 machine and MFC42.DLL files are in Windows\System folder and so are they on Win95 machine, too. Can anyone please offer any help?
Thanks in advance and regards.
KKS Bisht

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: K-Meleon asks for mfc42.dll in Win95
Posted by: Edwin
Date: February 24, 2002 03:27PM

The MFC42.DLL on the Win95 machine is outdated, just get the newer version from the Win98 machine and you should be fine. This may also be the case with MSVCRT.DLL.

Re: K-Meleon asks for mfc42.dll in Win95
Posted by: Torbjørn Vagstein
Date: February 25, 2002 09:24AM

I've had the same problem on an old Win95-box. I tried downloading the latest mfc42.dll++ from MSFT, but it didn't help. K-meleon still refused to load.

(Switch to rant mode)

K-meleon has become my favourite browser at work, though (I swear it is just a coincidence that I'm writing this in Netscape!) I have more than a dozen browsers installed (need them for testing purposes), but KM is the fastest by a wide margin (Athlon 850, 256 MB RAM, very slow HDD, WinNT 4.0 SP6).

I have someting of a problem understanding why KM is so much faster than Mozilla 0.9.8, though. I'm not talking about startup speed, but browsing. How can a Mozilla derivate be ~twice as fast as Mozilla?

KM renders pages more correctly too - Mozilla constantly misplaces pictures by 1 pixel, KM doesn't.

Keep up the good work. My first experience with KM was 0.4, which never lasted more than 5 or 10 pageviews before crashing. KM 0.6 won me over, lately the rest of the company has taken an interest too.

- Tobben

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.