K-Ninja v2.1.3 final now available...
End of another week approaching and definately time to wrap up the beta testing phases and present the newest addition to the K-Ninja family, v2.1.3 final.
Fairly happy with the way things went this time, and the opportunity was presented to address a couple of long standing issues, plus throw in a couple of new features as well.
What's new in v2.1.3 final you ask? Glad you did...
* New GRE (Gecko Rendering Engine) update: Seamonkey v1.1.1 / Gecko v220.127.116.11pre (20070404) ~ 4th April 2007
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168pre) Gecko/20070404 K-Ninja/2.1.3
* Removed troublesome (and redundant) Keyword Autosearch. Option for keyword autosearching has always been inherent in K-Ninja after selecting a search engine from the Search button drop-down list (ie. right-click on button, select default search engine). Once this is done highlighting a keyword on a webpage and pressing search button will automatically search for that term. To please the fans of the old Keyword Autosearch I have added the Google search options into the menu.
Add to that the previous additions listed in the alpha/betas of v2.1.3:
* Reworked Useragent options. The useragent menu has now been updated to the latest browser versions of Internet Explorer, Firefox, Netscape & Opera web browsers.
* New look about: page, plus all relevant links have been updated to the new K-Ninja url: http://www.headbanging-sasquatches.com
* Updated STP MP3 Player to v22.214.171.124
* Added in toolbar button for Bookmarks Sidebar. The button appears by default on the right hand side of the URL bar. It can of course be toggled on and off via compact menu: View -> Toolbars -> Bookmarks Sidebar Button.
* A couple of plugins which some ppl may or may not use have been removed and are now available as a seperate download. This is mainly to further reduce the download size, minimise as much as possible and also keep with the original K-Ninja philosophy of less is better. The kplugins that were removed are still supported but now optional instead.
* Cache loads into memory now, nothing is written to disk.
* A couple of small bugs squashed.
All in all this makes v2.1.3 a very worthwhile upgrade for all K-Ninja users. The usual caveat applies...
"Quick note for a pain free install and test. Firstly uninstall any previous alpha/beta version you may have, then install the latest version. Then start up K-Ninja, goto Compact menu: Edit -> Manage Profiles... and create a new profile. Then restart K-Ninja and use the new profile to use the latest version. If you have done this and do indeed experience any problems, then feel free to report them here in the Headbanging Sasquatches forum."
K-Ninja v2.1.3 + WiNE is also available for those Linux users to download and use. It can be found on the downloads page along with the regular K-Ninja v2.1.3 by following the image link below:
One final note. Because this version is based on the pre-liminary version of Gecko v126.96.36.199, then I will base K-Ninja v2.1.4 on the final release of that particular Gecko version.
Final round of theme updates to come to make all K-Ninja themes compatible with v2.1.3, so keep an eye on the Themes page for updates.