double click to close tabs
Posted by: jtiger
Date: January 01, 2005 03:53AM

I have 0.9rc1 and Hao's CCF 0.18 version. I copied my profile from Hao's version over to the 0.9rc1 version and everything runs fine. However, in the original profile of 0.9rc1, there was support for double-clicking to close layers. Unfortunately, Hao's version doesn't support that. After some experimenting, I determined that double-clicking works as long as I use the rc's prefs.js file, but not with Hao's prefs.js file. I have looked and looked, but I don't see a setting in the new one that isn't in Hao's that would allow this. Am I imagining something or is there a prefs.js setting that allows this feature?

Re: double click to close tabs
Posted by: Carson
Date: January 02, 2005 12:01PM

This rings a bell from a month or two ago, but I'm hazy on it. BTW, you don't want to middle-click, I presume?

Date: January 02, 2005 03:25PM

Carson wrote:
>
> This rings a bell from a month or two ago, but I'm hazy on
> it. BTW, you don't want to middle-click, I presume?

No, I don't. I have a logitech mouse and have the middle button configured for explorer (not IE!) and don't want to change it...old habits die hard.

It's just weird. In rc1, using the prefs.js that installs with it, I can double-click to close layers. Using my tweaked version of Hao's CCF prefs.js, no joy. As I said, I've examined the files side by side (with a great freeware app called "examine difference") and cannot for the life of me find any settings in the rc1 version that would allow for this. I've been slowly tuning the rc1 prefs.js file by adding a tweak or two at a time.

Posted by: jsnj
Date: January 02, 2005 11:25PM

Check the following pref. Make sure it points to the RC kplugins folder, not Hao's kplugins folder.

user_pref("kmeleon.general.pluginsDir", "");

Date: January 03, 2005 01:07AM

jsnj wrote:
>
> Check the following pref. Make sure it points to the RC
> kplugins folder, not Hao's kplugins folder.
>
> user_pref("kmeleon.general.pluginsDir", "");

I'll be hornswaggled. I changed every setting but that one! How did I miss it? Thanks, it works.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.