General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Change start page
Posted by: w.lichtenveldt
Date: August 30, 2000 01:13PM

How can I change the start page van de browser, I don't see any possibility for this.

Can you help ?

Options: ReplyQuote
RE: Change start page
Posted by: Elledan Dunedain
Date: August 30, 2000 04:58PM

That's simple: You can't. Unless you hack the program (is this possible?) you are 'forced' to go to http://kmeleon.org

Posted by: Jesper Sørensen
Date: September 01, 2000 03:03PM

You just start regedit and go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\K-Meleon\K-Meleon\Settings\StartPage and change that to whatever you like.

Posted by: Nanaki Son of Seto
Date: September 03, 2000 12:16AM

NOOOO! The dark disgusting evil that is the windows registry!!! smiling smiley

Posted by: wa1er
Date: October 05, 2000 09:02PM

Why is everyone so far against the Windows Registry? It may not be implemented well, but isn't a centralized place for changing application settings (for power users) good? Or do you think that everything should be in .ini files and we need to go looking all over the \windows tree to find them smiling smiley

Posted by: Sean
Date: October 13, 2000 08:22PM

I don't think that the people who released this want you to change the start page yet, because after all, this is only version 0.1, and it is still in development, so they want you to have direct access to the news and the development site when you start the page. I'm sure that the ability to change the start page will be implemented when the program is closer to the end of the development stage.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.