General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: K-Meleon v0.9 Beta 3
Posted by: Carson
Date: November 21, 2004 03:52AM

Eyes-Only, I'm answering your question. The answer is in a brand new thread called, How to Manually Install Separate K-Meleons.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: TransitMan
Date: November 21, 2004 04:21AM

Andrew,
It is my banking page.

Posted by: frederik
Date: November 21, 2004 07:28PM

hello, just downloaded this version of K--Meleon and I have to say, it looks very nice. I'm missing the bookmarks-toolbar from the previous versions though. Is there a way to get it back? I'm used to have some links from my mostly visited sites up there and without it, I'm quite lost. Also, I hope it will be back per default in the next build.
Thanks in advance for suggestions!

frederik

Posted by: jsnj
Date: November 21, 2004 08:08PM

Tools-Bookmark Options-Settings Enable Bookmarks Toolbar

Posted by: bellgamin
Date: November 21, 2004 08:59PM

@Carson- Thanks for the How-To thread on multiple K-mel versions. I did a cut&paste into my eternal archives.

Date: November 21, 2004 09:42PM

thank you very much jsnj, that's it!

grettings+regards,

frederik

Date: November 22, 2004 02:31PM

ok, after using this beta version for several hours now I think I should report some "strange" (at least for me) happenings that occured.

I noticed once, after closing several open layers and reopening others that the toolbars werent locked anymore, but, in View/Toolbars/ Lock the toolbars was still marked. Closing the browser+restarting it brought back the correct view.
I wasnt able to repeat this happening until now.

Just for a minute, the second thing occurs:

I had the privacy bar activated since several browser sessions, went to View/Toolbars/ and unmarked it. It was gone immediatly, but also, the bookmarks-toolbar wasn't there anymore. My first thought was that I disabled it too, by mistake, but looking again in View/Toolbars it was still marked. Marking/unmarking it didn't help. Restarting the browser brought it back again. I marked+unmarked the privacy bar again, to see if this happens every time, but it doesent. I will let it checked now for several browser sessions and see if I can get the same results again.

I'm curious if someone else noticed these things.

frederik

Date: November 22, 2004 02:44PM

it just happened again.......
I rearranged the toolbars, locked them, and opened a link from my bookmark-toolbar. I have set the browsing options to layers only, and the bookmark-options to "open in new layer"
Now, the clicked link opened in a new layer, as expected, but, the bookmark-toolbar was gone again, in this layer, and also in every new layer that I opened. Strange thing is, when I open a bookmark-link from the toolbar, then the first empty layer (K-Meleon) stays (which is nothing I couldn't live with), but clicking this empty layer, the bookmarks-toolbar was still there. Only in the newer ones it was gone. So, where is the glitch? In the Toolbar control plugin? in the layers-plugin? Hope someone will find it out.

frederik

Posted by: rumpel
Date: November 22, 2004 03:18PM

Hi frederik,

take a look at Tools/Advanced Preferences

enable
BLOCK sites from altering browser settings
and try it

rumpel

Date: November 22, 2004 03:39PM

Hi rumpel, its enabled by default as far as I know. At least here in my browser it was checked right from the first install.
Don't think it has anything to do with the mentioned things, but thanks for your reply anyway.

frederik

Posted by: jsnj
Date: November 22, 2004 06:00PM

I noticed once, after closing several open layers and reopening others that the toolbars werent locked anymore, but, in View/Toolbars/ Lock the toolbars was still marked. Closing the browser+restarting it brought back the correct view.
I wasnt able to repeat this happening until now.

Layers are actually just Windows rigged to be hidden and displayed on a toolbar. They are not really "tabs". That's why sometimes you may notice them appearing as new windows on the taskbar and then suddenly disappearing. So if you have several layers opened, if you then decide to make a change to the toolbars in one of the layers, the change will usually not be displayed in the other layers that were opened previously. Sometimes the change will be visible with newly opened layers, but you usually can only rely on getting the complete updated view when you restart the browser.

Date: November 22, 2004 08:58PM

@jsnj:

Thanks for the info.
In the case mentioned in my posting above I didn't make any changes to the toolbars, I only closed some layers and opened some new ones. I don't think while doing such things toolbars should get "unlocked" even if they are marked as "locked" nor should they disapear completely either. This never happend while using any older K-Meleon versions, so there must be something wrong.

frederik

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.