General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
How to stop animations?
Posted by: Torben
Date: November 27, 2001 07:44PM

OK, this browser is amazing, except for one thing--I can't figure out how to get
the animations to stop.

I don't mean turn them of in Preferences--I *do* want them to play automatically on
page load--I just want to be able to stop them by hitting a key or something when I
decide to.

Searches this forum, Google, and the website haven't turned anything up yet...but
then again, I haven't had much coffee today. If this is a FAQ please abuse me.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How to stop animations?
Posted by: Andrew
Date: November 27, 2001 09:24PM

It's not a FAQ but I don't think we can fix that. I've seen the same behavior in Mozilla so it's probably a Mozilla issue.

Andrew

Date: November 27, 2001 09:30PM

Ooh.

Ick.

Christ. If that's true, then I must say that I don't look forward to using the Gecko engine. . .everything else about it seems great. This seems like such a small issue, but it is insanely irritating...

Oh well. Thanks for the reply. smiling smiley

Date: November 27, 2001 09:36PM

For anyone else who's interested, here's the Bugzilla entry on this issue:

http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=70030

Cheers,

Torben

Date: November 27, 2001 09:59PM

OK, here's the Mozilla option to change it:

user_pref("image.animation_mode", "{normal|once|none}");

Unfortunately, after exiting K-Meleon, editing the prefs, and setting animation_mode to "once" (which is still just a compromise), it behaves as though "none" had been selected. Indeed, if I again exit K-Meleon and edit prefs.js again, I find that the value has now been saved as "none".

Dunno if this is a bug in K-Meleon or Gecko. Oh well.

Posted by: po
Date: November 27, 2001 10:37PM

yep... i'd have to say that the one thing that k-meleon has made me miss about IE is the versatile and reasonably elegant handling of images... oh well. i mostly just keep 'em turned off, but some people have this nasty habit of using them as _links_, see...

Posted by: Andrew
Date: November 27, 2001 11:23PM

I think I asked that the option be included to the rewrite of the prefs that we did for 0.6 but it wasn't included. Maybe we can get that in for the next release.

Andrew

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.