General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
New user, question...
Posted by: Silver
Date: November 23, 2001 11:48PM

I've just downloaded and started using KM and I am REALLY pleased to be able to finally get rid of IE and it's cutsie little graphics etc etc etc, i'm pretty new to the web so i've only just caught on that MS are bad!

Anyway, i've got a question about my mouse. I've got a 2 button scroll mouse and when using IE i could scroll up 'n' down 'n' left 'n' right but now using KM i am unable to do this. Is this perminent? or can i change any settings so that i can scroll around??

Any help is appreciated!

Thankx

Silver

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New user, question...
Posted by: Nick
Date: November 24, 2001 01:39AM

I would suggest that is a built in thing with M$ and IE with the API's.

Alas, nothing is documented nor standard for a open source coder to go on.

Nick

Posted by: ThatGuy
Date: November 24, 2001 07:29PM

I have a 2 button scroll mouse <Logitech>running win2k and i have no problem with the scroll functions,, ..i suppose its a win thing!

Posted by: noah
Date: November 25, 2001 02:32AM

Try downloading an updated driver for your mouse.you can probably get it from the manufactures web site.

Posted by: D'Sphitz
Date: November 27, 2001 06:31PM

i have that problem on my Win98 machine with a microsoft scroll mouse. works fine on Win2k though...

Posted by: Kam-Hung Soh
Date: November 27, 2001 09:07PM

I had the same problem with my Logitech mouse. The mouse wheel would work only in combination with the Control key.

My solution was to disable "Enhanced Scrolling" (Settings -> Mouse, Wheel Settings tab).

Good luck!

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.