General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Will it work correctly on windows Me
Posted by: Ryan Farmer
Date: November 18, 2001 03:06AM

Does K-Meleon run correctly on windows Me?

I dunno, I've tried everything I could to get it to work with Windows 98, but my cousin loaned me the Windows Me upgrade disk a few days ago, and I've been meaning to install it.

Should Windows Me be recent enough to have all of the foundation classes, files, etc. that K-Meleon needs in order to run correctly, if so, it might give me some added incentive to get a move on with this upgrade.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Will it work correctly on windows Me
Posted by: Andrew
Date: November 19, 2001 04:48AM

Yes.

Posted by: vukv
Date: November 21, 2001 07:10AM

Is it going to have tab support in ME?

j/k ;-)

Posted by: Donny_S
Date: November 23, 2001 04:22AM

I tried version 0.6 on an HP-2755 'designed for Win-Me' box. The UI and some other features need refinement, but for now, this is the only alternative browser that runs well on this system. I fundamentally agree with the design and development ideas behind this browser, the developers seem like the're trying to include the 90-percent of the features that 90-percent of users will use 90-percent of the time. My advice to the developers would be to stay the course, benchmark IE 5.5, 6.0, the QBASIC editor, proxomitron, and forget the rest. Btw, proxomitron works with Kmeleon 0.6 (www.computerstuff.net/prox/). I also wish that the UI had large buttons instead of small ones, and that selections or clicks with the mouse had a simple sonify response, even if it was just one simple .wav file.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.