General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Customize "Cache entry information" page, possible?
Posted by: JohnHell
Date: March 15, 2014 04:36PM

Hi,

This is something that came from 1.5.x or 1.6.x. Better said, from GRE engines of that versions.

Now, with the latest version I thought: "let's stop this". But I haven't found a way.

The thing is that when you use the cache information feature (CTRL+I by default or View Menu>Cache Information), you are presented with the binary form of the item you are requesting the info for (see screenshot attached below). It wasn't this way before.

This is not a mayor problem with "tiny" files, but when you want to check the information for an image, or other kind of file, that has certain size, as it is loaded in its binary form, you can go to an out of memory scenario because the file its decompressed to a text plain format of loads and loads of memory usage.

The question here is, is there any way to remove or reduce (if I'm not wrong in previous versions it was shorter) the third block of information, that contains the binary form, from the "Cache entry information" page?

An screenshot showing it:

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Customize "Cache entry information" page, possible?
Posted by: guenter
Date: March 16, 2014 07:14PM

You are right it is a new feature that came with 1.6 GRE.

I checked & have K-Meleons installed to way back 0.6.

I know no way. You'd have to find out what creates the about:cache htmls and edit it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2014 07:49PM by guenter.

Date: March 16, 2014 08:16PM

I found that, at least "default text" it is in the file "OfflineCacheInstaller.jsm" in the omni.ja file. But there 2, one as normal javascript text and other binary encoded.

Editing the javascript text, I hadn't success. Maybe I removed the wrong section or what it must be edited is the binary encoded what is beyond my hand confused smiley

I'm lost, that is because I ask smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2014 08:17PM by JohnHell.

Posted by: guenter
Date: March 17, 2014 08:13AM

JohnHell
I found that, at least "default text" it is in the file "OfflineCacheInstaller.jsm" in the omni.ja file. But there 2, one as normal javascript text and other binary encoded.

Editing the javascript text, I hadn't success. Maybe I removed the wrong section or what it must be edited is the binary encoded what is beyond my hand confused smiley

I'm lost, that is because I ask smiling smiley

Test it by deleting the binary form. And replace it with the normal text form.
My guess is that the binary is regenerated.
Else hex edit.

Also test it with a new profile. naruman requires that after changes.

But how did You repack omni.ja without loosing info?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2014 08:35AM by guenter.

Date: March 17, 2014 04:09PM

guenter
But how did You repack omni.ja without loosing info?

I use Winrar 3.80 to open/update it.

I noticed that maybe in the omni.ja of 1.8.x branch (if I'm not wrong) that had a bug that can't be repacked, but with K-meleon 74b3 (and with the previous 74b2) there is not such problem.

I think it is related to the file headers. In the 1.8.x the PK (zip) definition is not at the beginning of the file. Maybe that is the problem. If you extract all and repack as a zip renaming to .ja should fix the problem. I think I did it but I can't recall with all tests we are doing with these new versions confused smiley

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.