General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
What about supporting this open-source browser?
Posted by: jonaspm
Date: August 21, 2013 07:20PM

Hello K-meleon community, i came here searching for a light and fast browser to use, but it's sad that the K-meleon development has ended and the browser does not support latest standards, so, i wanted to ask you this...

¿What about supporting this other open-source web browser buildind it's own rendering engine?

http://www.netsurf-browser.org/

About NetSurf

NetSurf is a free, open source web browser. It is written in C and released under the GNU Public Licence version 2. NetSurf has its own layout and rendering engine entirely written from scratch. It is small and capable of handling many of the web standards in use today.

The Windows/ReactOS builds are found on this link:
http://ci.netsurf-browser.org/builds/windows/

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What about supporting this open-source browser?
Posted by: guenter
Date: August 22, 2013 03:14PM

jonaspm
Hello K-meleon community, i came here searching for a light and fast browser to use, but it's sad that the K-meleon development has ended and the browser does not support latest standards, so, i wanted to ask you this...

¿What about supporting this other open-source web browser buildind it's own rendering engine?

http://www.netsurf-browser.org/

About NetSurf

NetSurf is a free, open source web browser. It is written in C and released under the GNU Public Licence version 2. NetSurf has its own layout and rendering engine entirely written from scratch. It is small and capable of handling many of the web standards in use today.

The Windows/ReactOS builds are found on this link:
http://ci.netsurf-browser.org/builds/windows/

So the would be scavenger is here. ¬_¬

K-Meleon died from lack of developers that had time. There were no school kids around.

It was never about a browsing engine but a shell for the Mozilla engine.

We all had a real live and a family. So what help do You hope for?

BTW. The windows port of the browser You mentioned can not render this page.
So what?

& K-Meleon project is a Windows only project.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2013 07:34PM by guenter.

Attachments: Zwischenablage01.gif (16.1 KB)  
Date: September 02, 2013 01:59AM

Sad that it couldn't render the website correctly, that is because of the engine's support for CSS and Javascript is being worked on, so please be patient until there is complete support for these standards.

The difference between K-meleon and NetSurf, is the rendering engine (which K-meleons one is more mature, but NetSurfs one is under heavy development) both offer you a lightwight easy to use Browser to surf the Net and keep you away from heavy full-bloated browsers smiling smiley

Date: September 04, 2013 07:11AM

I am not requesting any help, but rather recommending you to support another browser, reasons?

Dead project with no future (still great)

That is my reason to invite you to meet NetSurf (lightweight, open-source browser).

Just like K-Meleon is (but with another rendering engine wich is nonsense, but i just wanted to clarify that they are different in that topic.

Date: September 04, 2013 07:37AM

The browser worked for me (without errors or rendering issues)

Posted by: kingsparrow
Date: September 04, 2013 08:58AM

Good it worked for you. I tried it a few weeks ago and it have difficulty loading other sites. I think I was also looking where to put my bookmarks to further test it. I gave up on it, I think it still requires more work to make it functional.

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.