General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
Has anyone tried or use K-meleon internet browser?
Posted by: Anonymous User
Date: July 31, 2013 09:51AM

Right now I my primary browser is Opera, but some pages, such as askville, don't load correctly. Please give me your opinion, is it safe, is it fast. It does claim both of those, but I don't trust everything I read.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Has anyone tried or use K-meleon internet browser?
Posted by: guenter
Date: July 31, 2013 03:14PM

No nobody here has ever tried K-Meleon. grinning smiley
K-Meleon is not save and it is not fast. We know without ever tying. :O
You 'd better stay with Opera & plz do go & stay away from these forums.

p.s. Do You twit think us admins of the K-Meleon Forums are daft? I changed Your signature to stop Your spam with it & set You profile to inactive.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2013 03:45PM by guenter.

Posted by: rodocop
Date: July 31, 2013 04:26PM

guenter,
BRAVISSIMO!!!

Date: August 07, 2013 09:58PM

violawell your R a twit. Your signature spam was also removed and Your profile deactivated.

p.s. When will You spammer folks ever learn that there is still at least one active admin in this den of ghouls who wish that the best browser shell on earth survives?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2013 10:00PM by guenter.

Posted by: JujuLand
Date: August 25, 2013 07:46AM

Hi guenter,

I'm here time to time. I have deleted Violawell spam.

I prefer Viola Lee Blues by Grateful Dead smiling smiley

A+

Mozilla/5.0 (x11; U; Linux x86_64; fr-FR; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Ubuntu/12.04 K-Meleon/76.0

Web: http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/
Mail : alain [dot] aupeix [at] wanadoo [dot] fr

Ubuntu 12.04 - Gramps 3.4.9 - Harbour 3.2.0 - Hwgui 2.20-3 - K-Meleon 76.0 rc

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/2013 07:47AM by JujuLand.

Date: August 25, 2013 10:30AM

Hi Alain,

I still check the forums here for SPAM every day and the wiki every once in awhile.

I have time for it I am in pension.

Greetings

Posted by: peg_c
Date: August 28, 2013 08:24PM

This is a review I just posted on CNET. I am beside myself over this disaster of a piece of software! It cannot even be uninstalled!
--------
Pros
It hasn't destroyed my laptop (YET)
Cons
1. Hangs continuously - particularly on Facebook. Slow as molasses.
2. Will not shut down correctly. Upon rebooting, always gives popup that browser did not shut down correctly.
3. WILL NOT UNINSTALL via Uninstall Program in Control Panel (Win7)! Uninstall window hangs, must be forced during computer shutdown!
4. The program's Uninstaller calls the same system Uninstaller which then HANGS and does not uninstall the program. It's Kafkaesque.
Summary
This is the biggest hotmess POS program I've run across in years. DO NOT DOWNLOAD!! I will have to contact the company to see how to uninstall since their uninstaller calls Windows' uninstaller and it hangs permanently both ways.
If I could give this negative 10 stars, I would!
-----------
I want to know what K-Meleon has to say about this. I want this aggressive POS off my laptop!

Date: August 29, 2013 07:00AM

Read the licence You twit. It is all Your own fault. Your Win7 was broken before You installed it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2013 08:29AM by guenter.

Posted by: peg_c
Date: August 30, 2013 09:47AM

I install and uninstall software all the time. K-Meleon is the ONLY piece of software that has refused to uninstall on my system in 2 years. And your reply is that of a twit.

Posted by: Old KM User
Date: August 31, 2013 05:04PM

I have used this program for years, Even it isn't the latest in terms of the engine versions, but it is the best and the fastest and lightest on the level of ALL Internet browser software.

I've used it under win xp, and now I use it under win7 environment and Still is the fastest and the best.

And I've used it with pc that does not exceed the 600MH and it was able to open the maximum number of pages allowed for each window without hang up, especially if JavaScript off with the fast button JavaScript (ON OFF).

And if you compare it to the Fire Fox browser, it wins in terms of performance and flexibility and low memory usage.

As for the extensions, I think I KM site full with good extensions.

And for the most important thing , is the macros...

A few simple sentences can control in the performance of your program and how you viewing pages, and many important and beautiful things .

And my browser is filled with many of macros To control the performance of some things, and also embeded some of JavaScript codes .

The site library is also full of useful macros codes and important which are not Found in FireFox.

==========================================

As for the things that peg_c is talking about .

KM doesn't need to be installed in your computer,it can work with zip Version ,and once Unpacked it can work ,and removeing it Just by delete the prog folder .

And it doesn't use the Registry in the work , and doesn't leaves files in places etc (in the case you didn't transfer your profile elsewhere).

As for Facebook, I want you to open five pages, in Firefox, then open the same links in the program, and compare the performance of each of them.

I think all who using KM sure of the outcome.

And it's no secret, the Firefox program, basically relies on JavaScript, which is a third party in Relationship between the program and the operating system, and consumes penalty of memory and reduces the efficiency of the browser engine .

In any case the real KM user Know how to us it right and sailing in his world,and will not leave it for any other program

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.