General :  K-Meleon Web Browser Forum
General discussion about K-Meleon 
k-meleon 1.5.4: some viewing problems
Posted by: paskali80
Date: February 27, 2013 12:57PM

Hi, i am new on this forum but i use k-meleon since 2/3 years.
I have a slow internet connection (gprs/edge at 230.4 kbps) and k-meleon is the fastest browser i have used.

However i have noticed some problem on some sites: some time i notice the graphical elements (e.g. images) or flash objects go upper the text and make it unreadable. This appens, e.g., on ebay or youtube and some other.

I have tried to update to k-meleon 1.6 but it is a bit more slow just to make so difference on my connection. I have tried other browsers but k-meleon is the faster that i have seen.

I hope on your help.

Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: k-meleon 1.5.4: some viewing problems
Posted by: rodocop
Date: February 27, 2013 03:43PM

The fast speed is a downside of limited compatibility as both are there due to the outdated Gecko-engine of 1.5.4.

The 1.6 and 1.7 branch are less outdated and more compatible, so you need to upgrade (or just use 1.6 and your current version side by side).

Try one of the portable builds from my signature. No need to install - just unpack in some new folder and use.

KM-16-S2014 is a hybrid build containing some parts from 1.5.4.
And K-Meleon Twin is the most compatible with new sites$ also it contains some tweaks of network connection so you have a chance to find it more quick.

And sure, you can ask all what you need when trying new builds.
With regard to the Twin I can help you to change some hidden settings to change your connection performance and maybe something else.

Options: ReplyQuote

K-Meleon forum is powered by Phorum.